E bike handlebars

jimbo5

Local time
11:29 AM
Just asking, e bikes with shot handlebars on them. It seems to me that short handlebars on e bike is like small steering wheel on sports cars , they can get you in trouble because they react to turning or operating quick. So it can be dangerous at times. I'm looking on getting a different handle bar for my Engwe engine pro. Just wanted to hear what others think and have done like what to look for. Length, diameter , height that kind of stuff. Also looking to upgrade rear shock. It says it's the shock 165mm and 1000 pounds for stock , so if I buy a upgraded spring size 165mm and 1000 lbs it should work rite that's if bushing for bolts are the rite size. Also looking for road tires since I'm not on dirt very often at all. That's because of my many back surgeries and one knee replacement and another to do yet. Also have a seat post problem that won't get any tighter and seat post slides down during a good ride. One more thing is brake pads when I need to change them out what will work in Logan brand hydraulic? I do love my e bike and it gets a alot of people asking when they see it. Like all toy's you have things that need different setups to fit me and some upgrades do help. Tell me what you think it's free.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20220914_231050.jpg
    20220914_231050.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 20220911_160416.jpg
    20220911_160416.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 20230107_093833.jpg
    20230107_093833.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 20230107_101111.jpg
    20230107_101111.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 20230123_184436.jpg
    20230123_184436.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20221116_184346.jpg
    20221116_184346.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 20230125_085005.jpg
    20230125_085005.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 20230125_084946.jpg
    20230125_084946.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 126
I do most of my cycling among car traffic, so overall narrow profile is better for me to filter between car mirrors to the front of traffic lights; to be more visible to drivers and less likely to get hit by car.
I've converted my Egewe Pro1 to a regular stem with straight handlebar before I sold it; allows more solid steering connection.
You can also achieve the same result by converting the folding stem to a BMX stem & handlebar setup to stay close to original riding position.
YPwFRth.jpg

If you're looking for more comfort & support from the seat, wider saddle is usually the answer.
Rear shock upgrades are very difficult to make suggestion without rider weight, desired type of cycling.
Air shocks are generally lighter in weight, but performance can change drastically, you will need a high pressure designated shock pump, more expensive air shocks with multiple air valves for negative spring, rebound/damping/lockout adjustments will likely be costly.

Spring shocks are heavier, but more reliable and less expensive, but features like rebound/damping adjustments are also helpful for performance type cycling.
Rear shock purchases from AliExpress usually come with the bushings & shock bolts, but you can always use the OEM ones from the existing shock on your bike with the new shock.
Ideally, the replacement shock will have the same eye-to-eye measurement as the OEM shock, to keep the steering geometry similar to original.

BTW, your seat clamp looks to be missing parts, that's why your seatpost keep slipping on you, likely need a complete replacement seat clamp to secure your seatpost properly.

Brake pad lifespan is dependent on your brake usage. Personally, I use my brakes a little as possible, my brake pads last me for years.
GL with your mods.

Mountain bike handlebars have gotten wider. Wide is good if you need the leverage, but wider bars provide less feedback as well. Wide bars can be a problem in tight spaces. I would recommend researching non-ebike trends for your discipline, (mountain biking, commuting, gravel…). Bikes have been around for a long time and an ebike is still a bike.

Bike radar has dependable reviews.

GCN has entertaining and informative videos covering all kinds of cycling, including ebikes.

I do most of my cycling among car traffic, so overall narrow profile is better for me to filter between car mirrors to the front of traffic lights; to be more visible to drivers and less likely to get hit by car.
I've converted my Egewe Pro1 to a regular stem with straight handlebar before I sold it; allows more solid steering connection.
You can also achieve the same result by converting the folding stem to a BMX stem & handlebar setup to stay close to original riding position.
YPwFRth.jpg

If you're looking for more comfort & support from the seat, wider saddle is usually the answer.
Rear shock upgrades are very difficult to make suggestion without rider weight, desired type of cycling.
Air shocks are generally lighter in weight, but performance can change drastically, you will need a high pressure designated shock pump, more expensive air shocks with multiple air valves for negative spring, rebound/damping/lockout adjustments will likely be costly.

Spring shocks are heavier, but more reliable and less expensive, but features like rebound/damping adjustments are also helpful for performance type cycling.
Rear shock purchases from AliExpress usually come with the bushings & shock bolts, but you can always use the OEM ones from the existing shock on your bike with the new shock.
Ideally, the replacement shock will have the same eye-to-eye measurement as the OEM shock, to keep the steering geometry similar to original.

BTW, your seat clamp looks to be missing parts, that's why your seatpost keep slipping on you, likely need a complete replacement seat clamp to secure your seatpost properly.

Brake pad lifespan is dependent on your brake usage. Personally, I use my brakes a little as possible, my brake pads last me for years.
GL with your mods.
Thanks for your input.

Back