E-Bike batteries….. which one ?

Dno007

Local time
6:53 PM
I am looking to buy a battery for my ebike it needs to mount on the cross bar i looking at a 48v 17ah battery (will post the link) to power a 1000w rear wheel voilamart kit for a 15 mile round trip commute
Im wondering which batterys are good which are not, which ones tend to set on fire !!! ( dont want that ) and if any one could recommend a battery that would be great!! All input is greatly appreciated

Battery im looking at….

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
0E698EA6-A354-499F-8446-222F01F4D544.jpeg
This is the bike

52v 20ah will be good with that hub drive kit.

48v 20ah would be alright and a bit cheaper.

Thank you yes i was thinking 52v , i hear that the batteries can burst into flames what im looking at on ebay where would i find a supplier for a good quality battery that wont burn my house down haha

Thank you yes i was thinking 52v , i hear that the batteries can burst into flames what im looking at on ebay where would i find a supplier for a good quality battery that wont burn my house down haha
As long as you charge the batteries right, and just treat them easy, like dont discharge all the way then recharge as soon as ya get off the bike....
don't just charge it in your living room and walk to the grocery store...don't drop or hit the battery..
I'd think you should be ok. Also look into ebike battery bags to charge in. Here is a link to read through:

What does the low amp hours do? Will it make the battery power not last as long or will it affect the overall performance of the bike?
The more AH the more saddle time you'll have.
For instance, a 48v 17.5ah battery might get you 40 miles per charge, while a 52v 45ah battery will have you in the saddle for about 80+ miles.
Depending on your riding style and terrain.

All in all the more the ah the more time on the bike you get. (y)

If I had to go back to those style of battery i'd go with at least 20ah.... if I could find one of those @25ah i'd snatch it up
if it was from a good battery builder.

Don't forget to reach out to them and send them emails with questions concerning their batteries and or if they can make one to your specs.

Well, they mention certification, but they also use "weasel words"
  • Certified by ISO9001 , and most batteries have UN38.3 ,MSDS, CE, ROHS certification
"Most?"

As long as you charge the batteries right, and just treat them easy, like dont discharge all the way then recharge as soon as ya get off the bike....
don't just charge it in your living room and walk to the grocery store...don't drop or hit the battery..
I'd think you should be ok. Also look into ebike battery bags to charge in. Here is a link to read through:
I only charge my battery in my neighbor's house.

Back