E-Bike batteries….. which one ?

I’ve had good service and support from UPP. Unit pack Power.
Don’t always believe the mfr/brand battery the supplier claims to use in your unit.

Who are good battery suppliers ? Guessing the ones on ebay are no good , ? Ive been looking at this one too the 48v 17ah or 48v 20ah
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39422061...ar=662802518507&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Usually default to the one with the more Ah, however take some claims with a grain of salt, for instance in my opinion there is no way a 13s3p is going to have 20 Ah and beware of the cells the cheaper"grade A cells are probably not as good as Panasonic or LG cells, honestly I figure around 2.5 to 3Ah per row( paralell) never been disappointed and yes17 Ah should quite easily make a 15 mile round trip especially if you help it out I do a 16 mile hilly rough loop with a 15 Ah battery with a 500 watt geared motor and have plenty of juice to spare when I get home.Looks like you have a DD motor on the "Great Pumpkin" ( orange and black), if so you can use the correct controller and display(KT) and get regen,save a few watts and really save on brakes
If it was Me I would go with the 17Ah battery.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Always ask whose cells they are using in their battery packs. Use Samsung, LG or Sony. Stay away from no name Chinese cells.
Yes, and realize that Sony cells are Murata. (Sony bought Murata, to have a battery company under its umbrella) There are a couple others that we use in power tools that are also good, but not nearly in as widespread use as the three above. (Samsung & LG seem to be the most popular)

An ideal battery size falls within the range of 48V and 300-500Wh. If you require a high-capacity battery for extended bike rides, you may consider a range of 750Wh – 1000Wh and beyond. It's important to note that while it offers enhanced speed and performance on inclines, it may not be the optimal choice for your daily commuting needs, primarily due to its expedited power depletion.

I am looking to buy a battery for my ebike it needs to mount on the cross bar i looking at a 48v 17ah battery (will post the link) to power a 1000w rear wheel voilamart kit for a 15 mile round trip commute
Im wondering which batterys are good which are not, which ones tend to set on fire !!! ( dont want that ) and if any one could recommend a battery that would be great!! All input is greatly appreciated

Battery im looking at….
48 volt battery is a good choice, as is 17 ah battery. You will have plenty of juice from that battery for a 15 mile round trip…I expect you could go 35-50 miles on it depending on the power setting you use. 48 volt batteries have been around for at least 3 years and have a good reputation for ebike use.
you should expect to pay $500 - $700 for a quality battery with 17ah. Any higher ah is a waste of money for your needs, imho.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back