DYI ebike conversion (TSDZ2B) selecting kit and accessories question?

Boldtaar

Local time
6:24 PM
Planning to convert my commuter bike (old 90s hardtail) to a ebike and looks like the Tongsheng TSDZ2B will be the best fit for me.
But ha a few question about what kit selection and accessories to pick:
Break sensor to be, or not to be? What is the benefit if I only using pedal assist?

Selecting front and rear light? Most of the Aliexpress option looks like plastic crap.
What good alternativ are out there? I want a easy install so going to limit myself to 6v and 3w. Not any crash converter momo jumbo to light up the night sky for now.
Hard to find power consumption info on many lights but I been looking at this https://www.lite-move.com/product/se-70-litemove/

Long term plan is to convert to belt drive. Is there any belt drive chain rings that fits the TSDZ2B?
If not I will design and 3d print one using carbon fiber filament.

I bought brake sensors to be used with my hydraulic brakes but I never installed them. I don't think I need them so I will keep them for future use if I want, but for now they will stay in a box of bike parts.

I had a stock Bafang front light for when I had a Bafang motor on the bike then I bought a rear light so now both are plugged into the connector to the motor.

Check my discussion I started on my bike I converted from Bafang to Tongsheng. It's not that special and not answering your questions so well but you an check out my bike anyway and what I did.

Definitely install brake sensor cause stripped nylon gears can ruin your ride. I’ve also heard and experienced that two much of an Amp hour battery can be bad for the TDZ. Look for the TDZ that is rated for 52V.

Back