Does anyone have a Himiway Cobra?

Ronni

Local time
10:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about buying a Himiway Cobra (750W motor) but since I am new to Ebike world I need to collect as much as information as I can before pulling the trigger. I have rode the bike and really liked it. I live in So Cal and there are a lot of nice trails next to my house. What is your hones opinion about this bike? Is it worth to spend $1800 on it?
Thank you in advance for your input.

I haven't got one, but I don't think I'd get one. Why?

It is a full suspension model, but the unsprung weight of that rear wheel almost precludes rear suspension. (fat tire + heavy 750 W hub motor) It's going to be a rough ride on rough terrain. If terrain is NOT that rough, why not consider the more comfortable posture of the Cruiser model? It's not leaned forward as much.

Or, how about the Big Dog? It has fat knobbies, so it would be good on any trail that is not super rugged, it has cast wheels that won't go out of true or have loose spokes and has a 20 Ah battery pack. You can gear it up with saddlebags or a big basket out back and also another frame-mounted basket in the front.

If the trails you want to ride are really rough, you're probably better off saving for a proper mountain bike with mid drive, full suspension and more conventionally sized knobbies. It would centralize the mass, have less unsprung weight and the lighter rear wheel would allow the suspension to work properly.

Also, my neighbor at work just bought a pair of Himiway Cruisers; one each for him and his wife. His in-laws also have a pair.

They all like them, but Himiway doesn't do a great job with the packing. He had a broken brake component from shipping. Himiway is sending a whole new assembly, but I think it would be nicer to just pack it properly so stuff doesn't break. He's worried whether he'll have the right tools to replace it.

Himiway isn't alone in this. Lectric customers were getting broken displays pretty frequently there for awhile... (mine was fine)

Look at how Juiced packages their bikes; I bet THEY don't arrive damaged, with custom foam like that!

1685119062366.png

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about buying a Himiway Cobra (750W motor) but since I am new to Ebike world I need to collect as much as information as I can before pulling the trigger. I have rode the bike and really liked it. I live in So Cal and there are a lot of nice trails next to my house. What is your hones opinion about this bike? Is it worth to spend $1800 on it?
Thank you in advance for your input.
Check out its size and weight. The rear suspension and wider tires push it several pounds and inches over the Cruiser. The price seems a bargain.

My wife and I both bought Himiway bikes this year, her the step thru Zebra and for me the regular Cobra (non-pro model).
The packaging on these bikes was very good, no damage from shipping to Canada's North (Yukon).
The bikes themselves are amazing, I love the full suspension on the Cobra for the loamy/rooted/rocky/rutted/potholed trails I ride.
My wife likes the front suspension on her Zebra since she mostly uses it for commuting or backroads with me.
I've set it up with 26"X4.6" studded Terrene Cake Eater tires for the winter months and it's amazing in what snow we do have so far.
I have ridden in -5C for an hour on extreme hilly terrain and only lost one bar of power. (Running at about 30% assist except for climbing the hills).
This week they are on Black Friday sales for $400 off CAD.

Attachments

• 20231013_171049.jpg
    20231013_171049.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20231013_175621.jpg
    20231013_175621.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231014_120521.jpg
    20231014_120521.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 43
At the $2399 price point, the Mokwheel Obsidian wins the show. We are huge fans of fat tire bikes, however there is a point of diminishing returns, rendering 26x4" perfect, and 26x4.8" too much. They make the handling sluggish and heavy.

Check out its size and weight. The rear suspension and wider tires push it several pounds and inches over the Cruiser. The price seems a bargain.
Price seems great. Check out Eunorau. A factory for many brands. Like the mid drives myself

Price seems good. Check out Eunorau. Factory for many bra
nds. Mid drives are what I would look for

At the $2399 price point, the Mokwheel Obsidian wins the show. We are huge fans of fat tire bikes, however there is a point of diminishing returns, rendering 26x4" perfect, and 26x4.8" too much. They make the handling sluggish and heavy.
I think that point varies from person to person, based on their wants and needs.

For my needs, urban roads and paths, 27.5 x 2.5" is about right with a street tread. It's wide enough and with enough traction that I can ride gravel and dirt trails and handle a little water with grace, but not so wide or with aggressive lugs in the tread that I feel it slowing me down on the road above 15 mph.

Fat tire bikes to me are like having a Jeep set up for extreme off road driving, then using it for everything. Will it GO everywhere? Yes, but not quickly, efficiently or quietly.

Maybe your shop is located such that fatties are appreciated more.

Back