Does anyone else own an E-Glide ST?

ElectricRider

Local time
8:05 AM
I just bought a used E-Glide St bike. Does anyone else own one?

My attempts to contact the company about accessories have not been returned.

I like the bike because it is lighter than the Rad Power bikes, it uses Shimano Deore components, and it has closer to the geometry of my old specialized mountain bike rather than a cruiser. The tires are a good cross between use for pavement and gravel and are wider than my commuter tires but not as wide as the 4" fat tires which are hard to fit in the bike racks on the bus.

I have run into some difficulties adding accessories. Here are a few of them:
1. The Thule panniers I bought won't fit on it because the rack has thicker tubing than regular bikes and the different geometry of them doesn't help either.
2. My bar end adjustable mirror doesn't work on it because the internal circumference of the handlebar is 1/16" too small to fit the one that works on my Specialized. I am wondering if mirrors from other e-bike companies might work either on the crowded handlebars or in the bar ends?
3. I had to rig a bell with the attachment of a seat post reflector to have it fit on the curving and varying circumference handlebar.
4. I still haven't figured out how to move from Eco mode to normal to power mode even after reading the vague instructions.
5. the existing frame bolt threads for a water bottle holder do not allow my large water bottle to fit between the battery and the frame top tube. Any suggestions?

I do like that the tires are bigger than on my mountain bike and the rear hub motor seems to add more speed at the top end even without the assist. I don't like that there is a bit of a delay in the PAS engagement and disengagement. Can this be electronically altered?

I did get up to almost 25mph on a straight-away, peddling my hardest in top gear. Of course, it goes faster than that without pedal assist down Boulder's many steep hills.

I was disappointed to find that none of the local bike shops that sell e-bikes will work on it. However, there are one or two local independents that don't sell e-bikes that will and show me how I can fix things myself.

I just bought a used E-Glide St bike. Does anyone else own one?

My attempts to contact the company about accessories have not been returned.

I like the bike because it is lighter than the Rad Power bikes, it uses Shimano Deore components, and it has closer to the geometry of my old specialized mountain bike rather than a cruiser. The tires are a good cross between use for pavement and gravel and are wider than my commuter tires but not as wide as the 4" fat tires which are hard to fit in the bike racks on the bus.

I have run into some difficulties adding accessories. Here are a few of them:
1. The Thule panniers I bought won't fit on it because the rack has thicker tubing than regular bikes and the different geometry of them doesn't help either.
2. My bar end adjustable mirror doesn't work on it because the internal circumference of the handlebar is 1/16" too small to fit the one that works on my Specialized. I am wondering if mirrors from other e-bike companies might work either on the crowded handlebars or in the bar ends?
3. I had to rig a bell with the attachment of a seat post reflector to have it fit on the curving and varying circumference handlebar.
4. I still haven't figured out how to move from Eco mode to normal to power mode even after reading the vague instructions.
5. the existing frame bolt threads for a water bottle holder do not allow my large water bottle to fit between the battery and the frame top tube. Any suggestions?

I do like that the tires are bigger than on my mountain bike and the rear hub motor seems to add more speed at the top end even without the assist. I don't like that there is a bit of a delay in the PAS engagement and disengagement. Can this be electronically altered?

I did get up to almost 25mph on a straight-away, peddling my hardest in top gear. Of course, it goes faster than that without pedal assist down Boulder's many steep hills.

I was disappointed to find that none of the local bike shops that sell e-bikes will work on it. However, there are one or two local independents that don't sell e-bikes that will and show me how I can fix things myself.
Have you tried calling the phone number on their website? There's also a Facebook group, have you checked into that?

Found this on The owners group Facebook page: "Yes, they’ve stopped making E-bike’s but still making skates. I emailed Dave directly and bought a few parts; not sure if he has batteries.

Back