DJ E-Bike upgrades?

roninchu

Local time
5:28 AM

Hello everyone. Above is the link to the bike I've had since July of 2022. I've put 1,200 miles on it since then. Love the ebike world. I've changed the thumb throttle to full twist. I've gotten a bigger seat. The battery took a crap on me twice but I managed to fixed it both times. The battery now has a circuit breaker instead of the ceramic fuse.

Now I need to upgrade. I love the dirt bike style ones but I want to keep the bicycle look. Can anyone point me to a real direction in upgrades. The list of upgrades I want to accomplish are, adding a battery, adding a front or mid drive brushless motor. More speed. More range. You get it. After a few months it's in our nature to want to go faster and further.

The manufacturer of my ebike is like Iphone. No upgrade options. No help. And every other company will only help if I get their version of the ebike. It's basically all the same. Motor, battery, controller. Does anyone know of a ebike connoisseur that can help me build the ebike I've always wanted.

Find a suitable bike frame, choose a motor which will perform as you want, and build it yourself.

If you think you want a second battery, then your first battery was simply not large enough. Far, far more cost, weight, space, and range - effective to have one large battery instead of two small ones.

Build your own, upgrades and options are ALWAYS your choice, with a VERY WIDE variety to choose from.

One hint, if you start with 12S 50.4V or a 13S 54.6V battery and controller, and the right motor, and make sure the controller can handle higher voltages, then your next upgrade is simply a higher-voltage battery for an instant, no muss no fuss speed upgrade.

Back