dead - bafang 750w with an 850c display

MikeR.

Local time
10:49 AM
Nuts, I think I have killed this thing.
After charging (followed instructions and turned the battery ON), I forgot to turn the battery off and installed it on the bike "hot". The display (850C) came to life, then swithed off, and now nothing works. It worked fine before this screw up.
As far as I can tell there is no fuse (probably would increase the price too much LOL). Is there an easy fix or do I have to start taking things apart?

bafang 750w with an 850c display

OK, it's been viewed by 30 or more people.. Does nobody have any clues what might be wrong? To be more clear, it is a Bafang mid-drive 750 watt, with an 850c display.
How do I check the controller? I can't look at error codes, or any settings, because the display won't turn on either.

This is a kit bought throught the WalMart so called "Market Place". The seller is shown as "Greenergy" . Neither of them are responding with any help. I HIGHLY recommend not using either Greenergy, or the Market Place, if you want any warranty help.

2000Wh, 35Ah, 58.8V lithium packs (2058Wh to be exact). I charge to 56.8V (approx. 86%) with either a Grin Satiator or a solar panel and a voltage-boosting MPPT solar charge controller and don't discharge past 20% (45.4V) to extend the life of the packs. Apparently, it's working pretty well.

Stay safe.
saving for the grin satiator now, have everything else and if i had not listened to what you told me on the other place..what was that a year or more ago (?) anyway..I listened and built one, powered by the lunacycle bbshd off road (overkill i think)
I will certainly upload some pics tomorrow of the bike you onspired me to build Bassett :)

Last summer i charged panel to mppt to battery and seemed to do very well with the batteries, at the time they were 52v (58.8) 40ah
I kept trying to tell you all about this stuff on the other place but i think you still have me blocked lol
Anyway, i'll get a few recent pics with the upgrades...ya'll should listen to this guy they call Bassett

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

saving for the grin satiator now, have everything else and if i had not listened to what you told me on the other place..what was that a year or more ago (?) anyway..I listened and built one, powered by the lunacycle bbshd off road (overkill i think)
I will certainly upload some pics tomorrow of the bike you onspired me to build Bassett :)
Thanks, I'm glad things worked for you. Can't wait to see the bike.

so i've just been going up to 16mph and not under 9mph. I also charge my battery up to only 56-57 volts
and lately with riding 40+ miles per day i only charge once every 2 days and am only down to around 48 volts on the multimeter reading.

There is something to slowing down and enjoying the rides nowdays man :)

Plus the range at the low speeds is crazy good!

Thanks Bassett :)

HP

here it is in the beggining with a 26" front wheel which has been replaced with a 29" wheel on surley krampus forks
but you'll see in the other pics, but you'll see them tomorrow.

here's a couple recent pics
IMG_20220321_204024 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20220321_204120 - Copy.jpg

I did an installation on a trike using a BBSHD 1000w motor and the 850c display. First test ride ended with the motor quitting. Back in the stand, and I found the issue was the Anderson connectors. Took all of them off and re-installed new ones. I forgot to turn the battery off and between the wires touch the cutters I got a huge spark, nasty jolt, but luckily I wasn't hood up to the display. I got everything installed, grabbed a different 52v battery and found I had nothing. Double checked everything and still nothing. Had a spare battery mounting platform, so I installed it, got it wired and the system worked. So evidently I fried whatever electronics are contained in that 5 pin mounting plate. Still having issues with how the 850c display works, sporadic wattage output readings as pedaling with a steady cadence, battery voltage gauge shows a rapid usage of power that I've not experienced with the DPC18 display.

capt kirk; yep! I agree with all you said. I also have a lot of experience with electric circuits. But I've was having a hard time finding any information. Yay for this forum!
Following several hints, and a circuit diagram I finally located, did as follows.
I had already removed everything from the bike so I did a bench test. connected only the throttle and the display and battery.
Nothing.
removed the display and ran a jumper from p1 - p2 in the display power cord. Viola! A little throttle and the motor runs.
Guess I will order a new display. And when the weather warms up a little, I think I will be ready to go. Meanwhile, I can put the bike back together.
just FYI the kit was purchased from WalMart Marketplace. NO help from them at all. They claim the seller, Greenergy is no longer an approved vendor, but they still offer this kit and other stuff from Greenergy, so buyer beware.

And thanks to everybody who offered help. :)
anybody:, can anyone tell me the diagram on the display power cord, unfortunately im having the same issues with my display 850c, im getting voltage signal 52v on 0ne of the pin blue collar connecting to the on/off switch of the display unit, but it does not turn on

thanks
gtbob

Cycle the powers on and off three timez
Hi I am having battery problems where the push button on the battery will not stay on. I push the button and soon the green light goes off and I have no power to the controller or motor. I am looking for a new push button on off switch on the battery. Any one know where I can get one.

Vinz;
OK, I checked the battery. Usb port works fine, and a voltage check showes 52.4 volts. Pretty sure the battery is not the problem.

Capt Kirk: I have a query in to Bafang and am waiting for a response. I think the problem may be the 850c display. A lot of folks seem to have a problem with them. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell there is no way to check the thing out. A minimum dispaly was my thought also, but I will wait to see what Bafang says (if I ever hear from them).
PS: Your comment the rules must be followed is great. Except Bafang supplies absolutly no rules or info. The only place I have found an information is on this forum and on you-tube.
100% correct you buy this stuff n it comes ins box with zero info…I purchased the kit from a reliable source. You pay a bit more but at least I can install it w/o headaches.

Back