DCO Bike service and reliability

TennisGuy

Local time
8:42 AM
Bought a DCO Liberty e bike, 2 years ago and had to replace the rear wheel motor the first year. In second year the spokes in same rear wheel began to break and all had to be replaced. DCO did replace the defective motor wheel but not the broken spokes nor repairs. I only cycle in quiet city and no mountain biking ever. Bike s OK for the price, but service from DCO very questionable. Did anyone else have problems with any e bike from DCO? Thank you. Guy B

I can't speak to DCO bikes but I've had several different people, including my local bike shop, tell me that hub motors seem to put quite a bit of extra stress on spokes and that it's a good idea to check on them every 100 miles or so because if one or two get loose or damaged the increased stress on the rest tends to create a cascade failure.

I can't speak to DCO bikes but I've had several different people, including my local bike shop, tell me that hub motors seem to put quite a bit of extra stress on spokes and that it's a good idea to check on them every 100 miles or so because if one or two get loose or damaged the increased stress on the rest tends to create a cascade failure.
I think this is good advise for any e bike owner, especially the ones with 750W and higher motors.

Back