custom ebike programming - Bafang 1000watt

JTP

Local time
3:41 PM
Hi Guys, i have recently gained a custom made bike with a bafang 1000w motor, i have all the cables and have downloaded the software to reprogram the settings as it is a bit fierce as you can imagine. I was hoping to be able to find a pre made profile that may suit the ride that i am looking for but i seem to be having a problem with a lack of driver on windows 10? and help would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you watch the video by Bolton Ebikes. It explains how to program the 35 amp controller that's sold to upgrade the Rad Rover bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the video @Two Wheeler?

Yes this is exactly what I referred to. I have built 5 Rad Power bikes with this controller. It does everything that you need or want to control. As a Master Electrician with over 35 years of experience I can tell you this is the guidance to accomplish what's needed. IDK what you are doing with the Windows program, if you ask me you are over completing things. Keep it simple. You can achieve what's needed by simply working within the parameters of this type of controller.

For anyone else that maybe reading this, I am not a person that "speaks about things he doesn't know about". I am a skilled tradesman that only tells about facts. All that I have is the truth and what I know that works.

Thank you it’s much appreciated, that’s not the controller that was put on the bike, who ever set my bike up has set the parameters far to high so it puts down a lot of power far too quickly. i borrowed a friends laptop with windows 7 and that seemed to have the driver i needed along side a you tube video i think i have made the bike a bit safer. Thank you for comments and advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you watch the video by Bolton Ebikes. It explains how to program the 35 amp controller that's sold to upgrade the Rad Rover bikes.
Don't think that will be of any help as the Bafangs have controllers built in the motors.

Here are a couple of links to YouTube videos that should be helpful:

Hope these are helpful this is where I would start.

Hi Guys, i have recently gained a custom made bike with a bafang 1000w motor, i have all the cables and have downloaded the software to reprogram the settings as it is a bit fierce as you can imagine. I was hoping to be able to find a pre made profile that may suit the ride that i am looking for but i seem to be having a problem with a lack of driver on windows 10? and help would be greatly appreciated.
Here are a couple of links to YouTube videos that should be helpful:

Hope these are helpful this is where I would start.

Back