Custom Aventon Aventure Build

Cheffelisha

Local time
11:24 AM
Thought I would share my winter project with you all. This started out at a 76 pound stock Aventon Aventure and it is now a rip-roaring 56 pound beast.

Attachments

• 20230331_140841.jpg
    20230331_140841.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 543
Thought I would share my winter project with you all. This started out at a 76 pound stock Aventon Aventure and it is now a rip-roaring 56 pound beast.
Looks pretty nice right there (y)

Welcome to our humble home by the way :cool:

Cool bike!

Just curious….what were the most significant mods you made to shave 20 lbs off the bike?

And will that work on me as well? ;)
Not sure if these will work for you but for your bike... :)

Going from the spring suspension fork to a carbon rigid fork dropped 5 pounds. The stock tires and tubes were very heavy so converting to tubeless tires shed some pounds. The fenders are around 2.5 pounds. Those were some of the big items.

Nice looking ride. I also have a modified aventure in my herd of ten. Haven`t weighed mine but a bit lighter than stock. I changed front fork to lighter air fork. Light weight 34 Tooth chain ring and run vee rubber speedsters with smaller tubes. Bike not nearly as light as the bafang mid drives I have built up. I found the wheels are not that bad and the front fender is a feather. No need for back fender. Have stripped the bike down before and the frame surprisingly is not that heavy. Mine is a med frame. The weight is in the battery, controller and big 750 hub. Not a lot of areas for weight reduction on the beast with current drive set up. I would think the carbon fork along with the loss of free wheel, derailleur and shifter equipment is your main weight reduction. I will retain the suspension as I like to jump curbs and ride in the woods at times. I like yours as it is unique and well done. Alan

Nice looking ride. I also have a modified aventure in my herd of ten. Haven`t weighed mine but a bit lighter than stock. I changed front fork to lighter air fork. Light weight 34 Tooth chain ring and run vee rubber speedsters with smaller tubes. Bike not nearly as light as the bafang mid drives I have built up. I found the wheels are not that bad and the front fender is a feather. No need for back fender. Have stripped the bike down before and the frame surprisingly is not that heavy. Mine is a med frame. The weight is in the battery, controller and big 750 hub. Not a lot of areas for weight reduction on the beast with current drive set up. I would think the carbon fork along with the loss of free wheel, derailleur and shifter equipment is your main weight reduction. I will retain the suspension as I like to jump curbs and ride in the woods at times. I like yours as it is unique and well done. Alan
Thank you so much. My main focus for this build was to get the bike as light as possible and make something cool. The carbon rims, tubeless setup and nice tires helped a bunch in the weight savings as well. Also the front wheel is a 27.5 to give it an aggressive look as well. It was more of a project to see what could be done and keep it targeted at flowy trails rather than more technical riding. It really is quick though.

Not sure if these will work for you but for your bike... :)

Going from the spring suspension fork to a carbon rigid fork dropped 5 pounds. The stock tires and tubes were very heavy so converting to tubeless tires shed some pounds. The fenders are around 2.5 pounds. Those were some of the big items.
What fork did you go to?

What fork did you go to?
I just ordered a 120mm air fork from Amazon. about 140.00. Works well and is finished nice. Couldn`t justify the cost of Rock Shok bluto. The bike is used in the woods and as a clysdale for pulling the beer wagon at our local bike club slow rolls. I am quite satisfied with it. I have over spent on forks in the past. Marketing will get in your pocket sometimes it seems. The fork will even accept your stock, Aventon aventure, fenders if that`s your jam.

Losing 20 lbs is amazing. I have also done a Surly Singleator, and used a spacer to make a single sprocket in back - I used a Shimano. What did you use for a spacer out back? I used a stainless one from E-Bike Kit but that was in 2017 and they are about 50% more expensive now. I see AliExpress has some.

Losing 20 lbs is amazing. I have also done a Surly Singleator, and used a spacer to make a single sprocket in back - I used a Shimano. What did you use for a spacer out back? I used a stainless one from E-Bike Kit but that was in 2017 and they are about 50% more expensive now. I see AliExpress has some.
I went with an Absolute Black sprocket and used a carbon spacer kit that I found on Amazon. Works good so far.

Really nice looking build.
what set of wheels did you use? did you have to rebuild the rear wheel?

Back