Cube ebikes issues

Ulster

Local time
3:46 PM
I have a cube push bike with hub gears and have had no issues whatsoever in the several years I had it.
when considering an ebike I looked at the cube range (Cube touring hybrid one 400) and just out of curiosity checked our some reviews.
I was surprised to see Cube got 70% BAD reviews on trust pilot. When I checked on you tube I found two videos that were particularly damning specifically on issues with the chain coming off multiple times. So much so the owners had remove the chain guard so as to ease chain replacement.
Can anyone comment on whether Cube have some specific issues or are they they only German company that has let quality control go to the wall.
thanks.

Unless this is a mid-drive, which I don't know because you posted no link and no picture, and the expression "hub gears" is not just meaningless but totally non-sensical, chain slippage is a simple adjustment issue which many bikes are prone to and is not indicative of any sort of manufacturing defect.

I've got the Cube One Touring 400 bike, which I've had for around 2 years and done 5000 miles or so. I've been delighted with most aspects of ownership, and for the most part the quality of the bike and it's fitments, with one exception - the chain guard and it's flimsy fitting. During the first 6 months of ownership I was back to the dealer 4 times due to the chain guard slipping and fouling the chain and crank, causing the chain to come off and jam the drivetrain. Eventually the dealer simply recommended taking it off completely, which is a far from ideal solution, with an exposed chain set needing extra maintenance and giving rise to the risk of oil stains on clothes and footwear.

I'm still looking for an alternative solution that would cover the chain set without coming loose. Other than that I still maintain that my Cube eBike is one of my best buys ever!

Any suggestions for a better chainguard solution gratefully received.

I've got the Cube One Touring 400 bike, which I've had for around 2 years and done 5000 miles or so. I've been delighted with most aspects of ownership, and for the most part the quality of the bike and it's fitments, with one exception - the chain guard and it's flimsy fitting. During the first 6 months of ownership I was back to the dealer 4 times due to the chain guard slipping and fouling the chain and crank, causing the chain to come off and jam the drivetrain. Eventually the dealer simply recommended taking it off completely, which is a far from ideal solution, with an exposed chain set needing extra maintenance and giving rise to the risk of oil stains on clothes and footwear.

I'm still looking for an alternative solution that would cover the chain set without coming loose. Other than that I still maintain that my Cube eBike is one of my best buys ever!

Any suggestions for a better chainguard solution gratefully received.

Back