Cruiser on the trail!

CWebike

Local time
6:57 AM
This week I'm experiencing my first opportunity to try my Cruiser for a little trail riding. There is definitely a learning curve! One particular spot has been a challenge. I've tried it three times...fell the first time, succeeded the second, and fell again on the third try. I'll try again later today. After 1.5 years of riding pavement and gravel roads, I find the trail to be a completely different experience and a lot of fun. Today I'll let more air out of the tires, just to see how it feels on the trail. You can see the specs on my bike here -- https://www.magicyclebike.com/produ...-terrain-fat-tire-electric-bike-midnight-blue -- definitely not a dedicated trail bike.

Great exercise, good fun, and some nice views that I would not see on pavement. Comments and suggestions welcomed!

Attachments

• On the Trail.jpg
    On the Trail.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 116
  • Riverside.jpg
    Riverside.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 105
Watch out hitting the controller right in the line of fire for stuff flying off the front tire. Also, be aware when going over things that controller can be the first contact the bike has on re-entry! Has anyone given any thought to moving the controller behind the seat tube? Is there enough cable to make it reach? I would be interested in this topic, in line with operating the Magicycle under trail-service. Thanks to Al!

Hi Penfield -- You make a good point. I haven't had a problem with that...yet. Magicycle does have a skid-plate available for sale, which is designed to protect the controller. Possibly the controller could be relocated--I don't know.

Hi Penfield -- You make a good point. I haven't had a problem with that...yet. Magicycle does have a skid-plate available for sale, which is designed to protect the controller. Possibly the controller could be relocated--I don't know.
The "plate" is little more than plastic. That will help tire spray, unless it serves to trap the water in there, between the plate and controller.:unsure:
It's a nice bike, but for this issue. Biggest problem with the bike. Magicycle should re-design and fix this issue. I am at a loss why they did this, would be interested to hear the reason.
Watch the seat fore-to-aft adjustment, too. Banging down the trail, it is almost certain to loosen up on you.
BTW, did you put the Magicblog on your post or did this site? Not at all helpful.

The "plate" is little more than plastic. That will help tire spray, unless it serves to trap the water in there, between the plate and controller.:unsure:
It's a nice bike, but for this issue. Biggest problem with the bike. Magicycle should re-design and fix this issue. I am at a loss why they did this, would be interested to hear the reason.
Watch the seat fore-to-aft adjustment, too. Banging down the trail, it is almost certain to loosen up on you.
BTW, did you put the Magicblog on your post or did this site? Not at all helpful.
We don't put that on there. The user added that himself :)

Back