Conversion kit for a small frame, need help

Riley142

Local time
1:02 PM
Hi!
I'm looking to buy some conversion kit for my bike I'm not sure what to choose and how much will I have to spend(My budget is 500, max £550)
I don't have to go too fast, but need to do 11 miles twice a day to work.

Another problem is my frame is small and I'm afraid I won't be able to mount the battery to it.
One of the sellers responded to my email that I have to change the whole bike and sent ma link to buy a frame for £1499.
So yeah... Not cool.

The bike I have:
The frame:
1612824666590.png

I really need help, I have no idea how to solve this issue and I can't afford to change the whole bike :/
My budget is 500, max £550.

I would appreciate any help!
Thank You, Riley :)

My first ebike conversion was a low budget project. You can get a hub motor kit from eBay at a reasonable price, as for your battery, I’d be looking at a rear rack mounted battery, don’t try to save money with your battery, there are a lot of cheap ones on the market, but you get what you pay for, cheap batteries will need replacing, a good quality one will last 2 maybe three times longer. I eventually did away with the hub motor and bought a bafang BBS02 and had a battery built to my measurements, my budget bike eventually cost me over £1600

From my experience with the cheap batteries is that the cells themselves are decent. It's the BMS that failed on me. $12 and some soldering and it was good to go again. If you can't read a multimeter, buy something with a warranty. If you can solder and spot weld, the world is at your finger tips lol.

My first ebike conversion was a low budget project. You can get a hub motor kit from eBay at a reasonable price, as for your battery, I’d be looking at a rear rack mounted battery, don’t try to save money with your battery, there are a lot of cheap ones on the market, but you get what you pay for, cheap batteries will need replacing, a good quality one will last 2 maybe three times longer. I eventually did away with the hub motor and bought a bafang BBS02 and had a battery built to my measurements, my budget bike eventually cost me over £1600
I bought a Rattan 750LF in August and the display will not allow me to enter any numbers & Rattan reps have been useless. How difficult would it be to just take everything off and put on a new frame? I got a Rattan for the warranty which turned out to be non existent so I feel like I may as well try and build one I really like. I'd love a Ruckus style frame but I'm sure it's too heavy and the 20x4 tires will prob be an issue. I'd really like mag wheels instead of spokes too. I'm on the lookout for a frame just have no clue how difficult it will be. Any ideas? Brands?

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. I want to put everything that came with my unusable Rattan 750LF on a new frame I'm just afraid I'll run into so many issues I'll end up spending the same or more than I would just buying a better bike.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. I want to put everything that came with my unusable Rattan 750LF on a new frame I'm just afraid I'll run into so many issues I'll end up spending the same or more than I would just buying a better bike.
The only thing wrong with the Rattan, I think, is the display and they refuse to send me a new one so...

I bought this bike, a 1963 Huffy, today for $50! I just saw a guy unlocking it and started talking. I was shocked he took $50 and left without his bike. I had to go inside to the ATM so asked the customer service desk to make copies of his ID because I thought it could be stolen. I originally thought I'd put a conversion kit on it but it's in pristine condition and now I'm kinda scared to mess with it. The frame is definitely strong enough and that rack is welded on, for battery?. I'm just all thumbs when it comes to things like this. Regardless I love the look of it and think I got an awesome deal

Attachments

• IMG20221129121800.jpg
    IMG20221129121800.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 86
I bought a csc conversion 1500w backwheel drive. For anyone fitting this kind of power to a standard bike you are in danger of the back wheel sheering the slide in locating frame and losing your back wheel instantly. I have added a home made reinforcing modification to insure I don’t have a potentially fatal accident. I have alerted the supplier to this potential weakness.
3FF57159-3A31-4C80-BC77-97ABA2990EAA.jpeg

Back