Conversion kit for a small frame, need help

Riley142

Hi!
I'm looking to buy some conversion kit for my bike I'm not sure what to choose and how much will I have to spend(My budget is 500, max £550)
I don't have to go too fast, but need to do 11 miles twice a day to work.

Another problem is my frame is small and I'm afraid I won't be able to mount the battery to it.
One of the sellers responded to my email that I have to change the whole bike and sent ma link to buy a frame for £1499.
So yeah... Not cool.

The bike I have:
The frame:
1612824666590.png

I really need help, I have no idea how to solve this issue and I can't afford to change the whole bike :/
My budget is 500, max £550.

I would appreciate any help!
Thank You, Riley :)

Alan711

My first ebike conversion was a low budget project. You can get a hub motor kit from eBay at a reasonable price, as for your battery, I’d be looking at a rear rack mounted battery, don’t try to save money with your battery, there are a lot of cheap ones on the market, but you get what you pay for, cheap batteries will need replacing, a good quality one will last 2 maybe three times longer. I eventually did away with the hub motor and bought a bafang BBS02 and had a battery built to my measurements, my budget bike eventually cost me over £1600

Frogslayer

From my experience with the cheap batteries is that the cells themselves are decent. It's the BMS that failed on me. $12 and some soldering and it was good to go again. If you can't read a multimeter, buy something with a warranty. If you can solder and spot weld, the world is at your finger tips lol.

Top Bottom