Conversion help

snipechief

Local time
4:37 AM
I would like to convert my 2010 Jamis 2 commuter to electric. The bike is aluminum and weighs approx 28 lbs. It has a shimano nexes 7 Internal gear hub. The brakes are linear type and stop better than any bike I've ever ridden.
My AO is East Tennessee. Very hilly with few flat areas. My normal ride is under 20 miles, but it would be nice to squeeze 30 miles out of it. I'm 6'-1" 220 lbs.
Since the front forks are aluminum I assume a front hub motor wont be to safe. IGH in rear so no rear hub motor. This leaves mid drives as my only real option. Do you all concur? I'd like 750 watt motor or bigger. The bottom bracket is 68mm. Let me know what system would be best. Also tools. The only bike tool I have is a Park crank arm puller, and chain breaker.
Thanks for your feedback.

Attachments

• 20220919_102559.jpg
    20220919_102559.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220919_102550.jpg
    20220919_102550.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 94
ok. here is a kit that they offer the off road programing if you desire...

I'd get the DPC-18 display and the "Luna Wrench" for the bottom bracket, and the Bafang programing cable or get the Eggrider display from Luna as well.... the eggrider is easier to change settings on the fly..make sense?

All that should work very well with an IGH.

Keep us posted chief!! :cool:

HP

As far as battery...you have a huge area mid frame for a huge battery if you desire.

Here is one that will keep you in the saddle quite a while....

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
As far as battery...you have a huge area mid frame for a huge battery if you desire.

Here is one that will keep you in the saddle quite a while....

Wow! That battery would definitely outlast me. The HP for all the info. I'm excited about doing a build. I'm going to try and gather up what I can so I can have a small Winter project. Again, thank you.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back