controller or wheel damaged ?

Valentin

Local time
10:01 AM
Hello everyone, I am Valentine from France.

I come to this forum to ask you for help because I think I may have damaged my e-bike.

1 month ago, I installed a 1000 watt 48 volts rear wheel and have a 48 volt 15 AH Samsung battery.

Following problems with annoying micro cuts when I was driving during acceleration. I deduced that my controller was sending too much current to my wheel. I tried to adjust my screen SW 900 (P14 Current limiting) but it didn't work.

This morning, I therefore decided to cut a small section on one of my two shunts present in my controller.

Once on the road, everything went well. Power limited to 1200 or 1250 watts and no cuts during acceleration. It was perfect. Except that after 10 minutes of driving, my controller got stuck on error code 09 and I can't do anything! I unplugged everything and plugged it back in as well, I checked the controller and nothing seems to be damaged (I just noticed that when I switch on there is a single little "tick" noise in my wheel as if it is was activating, and before cutting my shunt; no particular noise when i turn on).

I feel like it happened when my speed was quite high at the end of my road test but it may not have anything to do with it!

When I came home pedaling without motor, I felt an anormal resistance force in my wheel. A little later in the day I took the cover off my motor to check the magnets and everything seems normal. I put everything back together and the resistance in the wheel was gone. Except when I turned on again, still error code 09 and the resistance in the wheel reappeared and still present even after the wheel was completely disconnected.

I’ve searched on the web and many forums, I can’t find any solutions.

In short always error code 09 and motor resistance. Impossible to use my Bike.

Thanks for reading

Look for a short in your phase wires, either internal to the motor or outside. Likely moved when opening motor.

I would like to know more about your "deduction", sending too much current to that type wheel is just not likely.

May have been a bad wire from day one.

Hi;

I did this deduction because a friend bought the same wheel 1 month after me and have the same problem of micro cuts when acceleration.

Maybe a problem with their controllers ! I bought a new one with an LCD8, we will see... hope my wheel was not damaged !

Valentin

I have a small question to ask you, is the verification of the friction in the electric wheel (by connecting all the possibilities of pairs yellow-green, green-blue, yellow-blue, ...) when the controller is disconnected means the certainty that the wheel is not damaged or other problems are possible despite this ?

Thanks

Do you know if the battery can handle the amps? I know my battery is a 48v 13ah samsung battery but it can only pull 15amps. Im on a 500w hub so within tolerance for my battery and speed controller.

I have a small question to ask you, is the verification of the friction in the electric wheel (by connecting all the possibilities of pairs yellow-green, green-blue, yellow-blue, ...) when the controller is disconnected means the certainty that the wheel is not damaged or other problems are possible despite this ?

Thanks
Valentin, greetings from Istanbul, Turkey. I think my bike experienced a similar power reduction issue when I took it to work one day, running just fine in the morning, but having a hard time moving, with ‘Tik’ sound coming when I pulled the throttle, and the rear hub motor made a noise and resisted when pedaling. I suspected that someone played with the bike and just dropped it on the side where the cable goes into the hub motor, and that drop impacted the cables and ripped one or two inside.

Have you been able to fix your problem ? If so, can you explain how?

Many thanks to all who share and contribute to problem solving here

A road bike has super-lightweight frames made from carbon fiber or other advanced materials. These bikes have tight geometry and aero profiles to reduce wind resistance. But there are some causes of bicycle damage that you should avoid, like riding carelessly, crashing on a road bike, improper maintenance, etc.

Back