Controller issues? Voilamart 1000W Rear Hub

oroepke

Local time
2:45 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have purchased a Voilamart 1000W rear hub drive kit, 48V 14.4 Ah battery and the bike runs well (except the weird PAS but that's another story...).
Today I installed a head and taillight with a separate switch by just tapping the wire dedicated for headlight at the controller.
This evening I realized that even though my display (SW900) was off the bike was on! The display was dark but I still could twist the throttle and the motor would run! I disconnected everything, reconnected it, left the headlight disconnected but same thing, bike rides with the display off. What could possible be the reason??? Thanks for any hints! (Austin, TX)

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have purchased a Voilamart 1000W rear hub drive kit, 48V 14.4 Ah battery and the bike runs well (except the weird PAS but that's another story...).
Today I installed a head and taillight with a separate switch by just tapping the wire dedicated for headlight at the controller.
This evening I realized that even though my display (SW900) was off the bike was on! The display was dark but I still could twist the throttle and the motor would run! I disconnected everything, reconnected it, left the headlight disconnected but same thing, bike rides with the display off. What could possible be the reason??? Thanks for any hints! (Austin, TX)
I was unaware they have a dedicated headlight wire. What was the volt's coming off of that?

Same voltage as the battery, 50ish depending on how much it was charged, connector #1 in the pic below.
1617367841015.png

Back