Compatible kids seat for Lectric XP 2?

Echapple

Local time
5:33 PM
Hello all, I have a Lectric XP 2 and am looking for a rear child's seat for my 3yr old granddaughter, any recommendations?

Attachments

• 71xAtmJYC9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71xAtmJYC9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 331
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
How about something that mounts to the rear parcel rack, something like this?

The biggest thing I would probably question about a rear rack mounted seat is the weight capacity. I would think that you would be limited by the capacity of your rear rack (mine is 55 lbs). The seat itself has to be somewhere between 5-7 lbs, so you could probably put a 48 lb kid on there. An average 3 yo is around 30 lb, but with clothes, gear, and if he/she has been hitting the Twinkies, you would have to keep an eye on that.

The odd thing about this particular seat, is it boasts a weight capacity of 100 lbs, but I don’t see any frame mounting hardware, other than what attaches to the rack. With that in mind, I would think you would be limited by the rack’s capacity and not what the manufacturer states for the seat (or the lesser of the two).

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Tag-a-long?

That’s REALLY cool! Love the name, too.

I like how it has an integrated rear fender extension, and how the child can “pedal” while riding.

I definitely would not have a child bouncing around while mountain biking, though, as shown in the first “See it in action” video they have on their home page.

I admit that I‘ve always been an overprotective dad, but that looks wayyy too dangerous. :oops:

Looks like fun but if I had a kid back there....I would make them wear a face schield as well as a helmet......a small rock could do a lot of damge.

I agree that a rock could do a lot of damage. That is why the kids wear safety glasses. And yes, always helmets. We have been using it on the road and some bike paths for 2 years now. Added a second seat so daughter could pick up both grandkids from daycare. Upgrading now to a Adam’s Tandem Trail-a-bike. I am doing an upgrade on the Adam’s attach point to make it more stable.

Sounds like you're having fun....the kids too....which is great......eye protection is very important......what a great way to spend quality time with kids....have fun and be safe.

The biggest thing I would probably question about a rear rack mounted seat is the weight capacity. I would think that you would be limited by the capacity of your rear rack (mine is 55 lbs). The seat itself has to be somewhere between 5-7 lbs, so you could probably put a 48 lb kid on there. An average 3 yo is around 30 lb, but with clothes, gear, and if he/she has been hitting the Twinkies, you would have to keep an eye on that.

The odd thing about this particular seat, is it boasts a weight capacity of 100 lbs, but I don’t see any frame mounting hardware, other than what attaches to the rack. With that in mind, I would think you would be limited by the rack’s capacity and not what the manufacturer states for the seat (or the lesser of the two).
Looks like the rear rack on the Lectric XP 2.0 has a capacity of 75lbs according to the Lectric website: https://help.lectricebikes.com/article/fpyul7o3xb-xp-xp-step-thru-rider-weight

I wonder if some aluminum angle would help with structural strength...make sense?

I'm with the others, i don't think i'd trust the rear rack bolts to hold through bumps with a child added to that.
However, I do think that with some proper bracing to the frame with good angle aluminum that this is possible.
Talkin bout the one ya posted @Anton I like that one.
Also one will need to cover the spoke area with bicycle rear wheel covers so the kiddo dont get the feet chopped off.

I admit that I‘ve always been an overprotective dad, but that looks wayyy too dangerous. :oops:

Another example of me being an overprotective dad…..when I watch that video and the little girl starts chomping on a hot dog thingie while getting pulled along, all I can think of is Choking Hazard ! Choking Hazard !

I can’t help it. It’s a sickness. :)

Back