Commuting in Switzerland - FLYER vollblut

Rocket G

Local time
11:16 PM
Hi there

I'm regularly riding my FLYER vollblut to work. I'm really happy with the overall performance although battery capacity is weak - and in wintertime especially low.

vollblut.jpg

It looks like a great commuting bike. What kind of range are you getting per battery charge?

The battery capacity is 432 Wh. In standard mode I'll get around 30 km out of one battery charge. In lowpower mode it's 50 km. However, as the battery is already a bit older, now in wintertime the range is even lower.
What kind of e-bike are you riding?

I no longer have an e-bike.
I had a Currie kit on my mountain bike. 24v. It never worked well, despite my tinkering,
I will likely get a city style e-bike. 36v 500w or 48v 750w. Mid-drive if I can afford it.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Mid-drive is anyway the main drive concept that I see in today's e-bikes and it has many advantages indeed.

By the way: I'm looking for e-bike commuters in urban areas of the UK that are willing to share some of their rider experiences. What aspects of their e-bike do they appreciate and what expectations do they have of new e-bike features and services. It'll take around 30 minutes and we'd do an online meeting with zoom.

Any chance you're willing to participate?

I did more tinkering than riding. The Currie truly was a project.
-When I get another e-bike, I would be glad to share experiences.

Hi wheelbender6

Just a last note in this matter: we're looking for people that have been dealing with the e-bike topic. Riding is merely one aspect of it. Thinking about what one's needs are and whether there's a technology around that meets them is another aspect. And concering the latter I assume you could share with us quite a lot.

If this makes you change your mind then let me know.
If not then thanks for the exchange so far.

Back