CLIENSY M350 26 INCH ELECTRIC BIKE rear tire replacement

Barry1909

Local time
12:15 PM
I have a CLIENSY M350 26 INCH ELECTRIC BIKE and the rear tire needs to be replaced. When I look on youtube all of the instructional videos show a disconnect in the wire from the controller to the hub motor but my bike does not. It has a continuous wire from the controller to the hub. See attached pictures. I do not see any way to remove the tire without disconnecting the wire. Where can the wire be disconnected? I don't want to mess things up if I just unscrew the nuts holding the wheel but the bike is useless without a new tire. I have looked for an owner's manual to see if that might help but could not find one.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210912_124633.jpg
    20210912_124633.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 20210912_124617.jpg
    20210912_124617.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 260
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I see the problem you are having. I am assuming your bike just has a flat tire that you want to repair or replace?

What I would do in your case is remove the rear tube while the rear rim is still attached to the bike. Once you have the tube free from the tire you should be able to loosen the axle bolts and lift the rear rim out of the dropouts just enough to slide the tube past the axle on the opposite side to your photo.

After fixing or replacing the tube you can reinstall the tube by doing the reverse of the above instructions.

Hope this helps!

Maybe; tire may still have embedded in it; that which caused the flat. If, in fact, there is no connector to open in the cable; one needs to be installed. I'd guess that any ebike shop could easily perform the task.

You have answered your own question: By all means, take it to a ebike shop for a new tire and tube, Keep the old tube, assuming it's repairable, get a patch kit (euro type patches) fix it and keep for a spare. You will have a new tire and tube, You will have a serviceable system. You will have a spare tube, What you won't have is, probably, $100.

Barry,
I have the same bike! Says “Brothers C6” on the center tube.

I have an issue that you may be able to help with! It looks like we fight the same Dragons. Would you get in email touch? Maybe we can assist each other going forward.
iramadsen@protonmail.com

Ira Madsen
South Alabama

I managed to open the controller box and disconnect the individual wires. I have the wheel off now but I am deciding what tire and tube I want to put on it. It has been such a hassle that I don't want to do it again for a long long time. That is assuming that it works when I put it back together.

It's really annoying that you have to open the control box and disconnect the wires just to fix a tube or tire. Now that you have it apart, can you possibly attach a small electrical plug? It could save you from having to open up the control box next time :)

I bought the extra thick heavy duty tube filled with "Slime" so I hope not to need to do this again for a long time.. That is assuming that it works when I put it back together. I am now having a little trouble figuring out how the washers that are holding the wheel on should look. It has taken so long I am unsure if the washers with the tabs on them go inside or outside of the mount. I put them both outside but the wheel seems to not turn as freely as I expected. Could it just be the motor drag?

Can you see from the photo you uploaded above? I can't seem to see any washers on the outside in your photo above, unless they are black washers.

I bought the extra thick heavy duty tube filled with "Slime" so I hope not to need to do this again for a long time.. That is assuming that it works when I put it back together. I am now having a little trouble figuring out how the washers that are holding the wheel on should look. It has taken so long I am unsure if the washers with the tabs on them go inside or outside of the mount. I put them both outside but the wheel seems to not turn as freely as I expected. Could it just be the motor drag?
Sending you a pic of the rear wheel assembly.
That’s our advantage…knowing someone with the same bike!
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• CBB751C2-EC6F-4213-B22F-10541BF0192F.jpeg
    CBB751C2-EC6F-4213-B22F-10541BF0192F.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 231
  • E470BDC6-2003-4579-A438-213A398C28FE.jpeg
    E470BDC6-2003-4579-A438-213A398C28FE.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 242
Sending you a pic of the rear wheel assembly.
That’s our advantage…knowing someone with the same bike!
Hope this helps.
Thank you. I think that it has to go outside. If I put it inside the opposite side of the wheel doesn't fit. Unfortunately the bikes are not exactly alike as my wire side does not look like your picture. Compare my picture above to your picture.
I still need to know if the wheel should turn freely or the motor drags it down. The brake does not seem to be dragging but the wheel does not spin like the front one does.

Barry,
I didn’t see your pic. And, I didn’t see your request for a picture WITHOUT the covers, until AFTER I had sent them. The washers go outside.
My rear wheel spins freely.

Ira

I’m still looking for an owner of this bike to help me out! I need a list of the 17 default setup parameters of the controller.
If you own this bike, Cliensy or Brother, would you please message me? It’s a list of defaults YOU should have, too.
Thanks!

Check the resources tab, might have cliensy info.

The installation of the quick-release plug is going to involve splicing of at least 8, or more, wires, some of them very thin, some of them carrying fairly high amps, several times battery or controller rating.

Not a job for the average bike shop, even an ebike shop. Should be an available extension cable, excess length is not good but the disconnect closer to the motor is nice to have.

OK, Gang. I’ve had very little response on this forum. Mainly, because I bought a cheap, Chinese ebike that nobody else had. I bought early.

Now, that’s changed! Walmart (online only) now sells the ‘Cliensy’ or ‘Brother’ eBike now. There should be many more out there!

My bike (direct from China) came with no manual and no support options! I’m hoping that’s changed, and I can find an owner willing to share some info.
I need the LIST of programming registers of the controller. There are 17. Also, if there is an email or phone for support.

My problem is an error code: E10 which is a communication error. I need to know how to reset the controller to Factory! I can’t clear the error until I learn this!

Please Help?

I’m still looking for an owner of this bike to help me out! I need a list of the 17 default setup parameters of the controller.
If you own this bike, Cliensy or Brother, would you please message me? It’s a list of defaults YOU should have, too.
Thanks!
Here’s another plea!
Please…anyone with this eBike, please reply! I just need the default parameters of this controller!
I’m frustrated and about ready to send it to the landfill!
Help?

Back