Cliensy 26" Electric Mountain Bike Specifications

Ira Madsen

Local time
7:15 AM
Hi.
Are you familiar with a Cliensy Ebike? It’s 36v, 350w hub drive.
1617055656144.jpeg

I am trying to locate the manufacturer, or replacement parts or a manual. Anything!

I’ve encountered an “Error 10” which universally seems to be a comm problem. I have no speed display, the motor won’t shift, and often the throttle doesn’t work. I’ve also managed to muff the programming, too! Someone with the same bike...would you share your settings with me?

I’m stuck here. Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear pf your issues. When and from whom did you buy the bike that may help locate the controller Mfg which is most likely you problem.

But first remove the battery and check all connections to all electrical cables. If you have some contact clear hit both the male and female sides of all connectors. Check the display for any markings that may indicate who Mfg'd the display. The black box mounted to the down tube under the battery is the controller, if cleaning the connectors doesn't work pull the cover off the controller and look for any marking on the PC Board of the controller that may give you and idea who made it.

Also could you take sharp close up pictures of the display and inside the controller if you have to open it?

BTW welcome to the forum.

Here are couple of sites you maybe able to get some info on your bike from:

Here is an Amazon listing you may be able to find a seller with some information:

I searched for CLIENSY E Bike

Amazon.com _ CLIENSY 26_ Electric Mountain Bike, 350W Ebike with Removable 36V 10AH Lithium Battery for Adults, 21 Speed Shifter(Red) _ Sports & Outdoors.html

This is from Amazon Ad:

1617061615184.png

Last edited:
I sure appreciate your help!
Yes, the photo above is the ebike I have.
Here’s the controller label:
1617119984464.jpeg

Here is the LCD Display. It’s different from most I’ve seen.
1617120215164.jpeg

Here it is turned off to show the screen framework.
1617120315561.jpeg

I’m hoping you can read the controller label! May be a clue!
Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Ira

I sure appreciate your help!
Yes, the photo above is the ebike I have.
Here’s the controller label:
View attachment 1340
Here is the LCD Display. It’s different from most I’ve seen.
View attachment 1341
Here it is turned off to show the screen framework.
View attachment 1342
I’m hoping you can read the controller label! May be a clue!
Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Ira
Ira it looks like the controller is a 36v/13 amp unit with USB. I can't read Chinese but will try to get some info for you.
Have you tried to send the picture to the people you bought it from and have them translate the label?

The display looks like a Key-Disp KD21-C unit and there is a manual available for this unit on the internet. The following is a link to a YouTube video that goes over all the settings available in the KD21C display. The watch the video and take note of the factory reset button sequence as this may fix your issue. Have you tried unplugging and cleaning all the connectors from the display to the controller?

YouTube Link:

Link to Manual Download for display: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1360429/Key-Disp-Kd21c.html

Let me know how it goes.

Wow! You ARE very knowledgeable!
Yes, I have cleaned and reseated every connector. I DID find one wire going into a connector (don’t know which one) that looks like it got smashed, maybe squeezed between the seams of the controller box when assembled.
I’ll investigate further to see if the conductor is broken. It’s on the sensor side, not one of the controller wires.
I think if we could find someone to decipher the label, I could locate a replacement. Or, I guess a broken wire would cause the ERROR 10.
Thanks again!

Oh, the people I bought the bike from are no help at all! I think they “drop ship,” so they never even see their product! Dead end.

Wow! You ARE very knowledgeable!
Yes, I have cleaned and reseated every connector. I DID find one wire going into a connector (don’t know which one) that looks like it got smashed, maybe squeezed between the seams of the controller box when assembled.
I’ll investigate further to see if the conductor is broken. It’s on the sensor side, not one of the controller wires.
I think if we could find someone to decipher the label, I could locate a replacement. Or, I guess a broken wire would cause the ERROR 10.
Thanks again!
If all else fails there is a guy on YouTube that is very knowledgeable on the controllers. Maybe you could contact shin for a suggestion on a replacement controller and display. Keep the faith not all is lost yet.

I figured a way to translate the label on the controller, this info may help you find a replacement if necessary. I have attached a text file for your records.

Attachments

• OCR.zh-CN.en.txt
    419 bytes · Views: 340
Last edited:
If all else fails there is a guy on YouTube that is very knowledgeable on the controllers. Maybe you could contact shin for a suggestion on a replacement controller and display. Keep the faith not all is lost yet.
The info on the display is huge! Thank you!
At least I can reset to default settings, in case I screwed something up!
I’ll let you know...

Moving right along...
I’ve found this photo of a controller that appears to have the right connectors.
1617129834996.jpeg

I had ordered what I thought was correct, but some of the connectors were different. I’m not confident enough to start changing them.
Are you able to read this label? It’s tiny, I know.
If I could find a source, I’d order one (while I try the display manual angle.

Moving right along...
I’ve found this photo of a controller that appears to have the right connectors.
View attachment 1347
I had ordered what I thought was correct, but some of the connectors were different. I’m not confident enough to start changing them.
Are you able to read this label? It’s tiny, I know.
If I could find a source, I’d order one (while I try the display manual angle.
I'm not sure you have a controller issue at this point. Take it step by step, make one change at a time. Once you have determined that an action you have taken i.e. checking all the connections, either fixes the problem or doesn't then move on with your investigation.

The translation of the label on the your controller didn't give any indication of the manufacturer, sorry. As far a finding a replacement if necessary the physical dimensions are important as well as the electrical specs i.e. battery voltage and amps output from the controller. As for the connectors not being the same, those can always be changed once can determine what type connectors are on the bike.

I trust your judgement. I’ll reset to defaults first. Then, I’ll look closely at my connections and the crushed wire.
Won’t be today. I’ll let you know.
Many Thanks!
Ira

I trust your judgement. I’ll reset to defaults first. Then, I’ll look closely at my connections and the crushed wire.
Won’t be today. I’ll let you know.
Many Thanks!
Ira
What did you find? Did you fix it? I'm getting an Error 7 on mine

Check the update I just posted. I translated the label on the controller.
Ok, Gang. I’m at my wits end! Even though there are several on here with bikes from the same manufacturer, I can’t seem to get ANY HELP AT ALL!
The Clientsy (cheap Chinese) bike has 17 programming registers. All I need are the CONTENTS of these registers! Easy.
Hold down the + and - buttons for 3 seconds, and you’re in programming mode. Then press the middle button 17 times to sequence thru the settings.
I just need the list…of settings. Not hard.
Folder or mtn bikes should be the same.
If you own a CLIENTSY eBike, would you please copy those 17 numbers for me??
OR…if your Clientsy bike came with a manual or support email (mine did not), that would put me on the road to recovery, too.
I’ve nearly HAD IT with this piece of junk!! If I can’t get it working soon…it’s going to the landfill! I’ll buy a bike with SUPPORT next time.
As is, it’s an incredibly expensive 21 speed bicycle.
Please help??

What did you find? Did you fix it? I'm getting an Error 7 on mine
Mine is an E-10, or as I’m told, probably a communications error. Don’t know about E-7. Does your bike still work? Mine showed the error for several days before it quit.

Back