Cliensey E-bike peddle assist

Bob Blasier

Local time
1:08 AM
I have a Cliensey E-bike. I received several excellent posts indicating that my derailer may be out of adjustment. I was getting a clanking sound on each rotation. However, I reduced the peddle assist option a bit and the clanking sound went away. Can someone help me diagnose why reducing the peddle assist setting eliminated the clanking sound?

Hi Bob,

Do you have a rear hub motor, or a mid drive motor?
How many derailleurs do you have (just a rear, or one by the front chain ring as well)?
It might be hard to tell, but does it seem like the sound is coming from the back, front or middle of the bike?

Hi again, Bob.

I found your other thread:

Have you had a chance to get the derailleur looked at yet (or adjusted yourself)?

The questions above are to see if the sound is coming from your derailleur or your motor. If it goes away when you turn down the PAS, maybe motor noise?

Do you hear it when you pedal with the bike powered off? Try pedaling in a low gear if you can.

Do you have a throttle, and if you, do you hear the noise if the bike is moving at throttle without pedaling?

Hi Bob,

Do you have a rear hub motor, or a mid drive motor?
How many derailleurs do you have (just a rear, or one by the front chain ring as well)?
It might be hard to tell, but does it seem like the sound is coming from the back, front or middle of the bike?

Hi Guys:

To the folks who responded to my earlier messages, my Cliensey E-bike has a rear hub motor. When I heard the clanking sound before, my sense is it was coming from the area below the peddles, not the rear wheel. This time, I tried it without any electronics on at all and there was no noise. I tried it with full throttle with no peddling, still no noise. But recall when I backed off closer to the - (minus) sign on the left handlebar, all the clanking went away. I will now try it again with the control more toward the + sign again to see how it affects the clanking sound. Thanks Guys for all your help...

Back