Class 3 eMountain bikes by the big name manufactures.?

jege41

Local time
3:41 AM
Hi, I am having a difficult time figuring out who still makes class 3 eMountain bikes of the non-fat tire variety.
I would like to find a list from Cannondale, Trek, Specialized, Rocky Mountain or other high quality bikes, but class 3 specific.
The bike manufacturers don't generally have a filter for this parameter which kind of sucks, which makes me think that they are trying to phase class 3 out in favour of class 1.

Name brand ebike manufacturers don't usually offer class 3 eMTB.
If you're looking for class 3 specific with big name, FREY is probably your best bet.

jege41; exact same boat as you. Our two Aventon Levels are doing great as cruisers but want to get back into "slow" single track- 72 now. Did you find something yet? Looking pretty hard at the new Frey Evolve.

You aren't going to find a Cannondale, Trek or Specialized Class 3 emtb because to get to Class 3 power levels you need power that exceeds the "250w" EU specification (its not really 250w but thats a tangent to go off into another time). Bikes that are in the "750w" range cannot be sold to much of the world and are a niche product mostly only marketable in the USA.

Luna will go way over that line. Same with Frey. HPC used to be all big hub motor bikes but looks like they have a mid drive line now. Biktrix has more of a fat bike thing going, as does Eunorau.

m@Robertson; do you have any reviews of the Cyberbike? 750w @130NM around 55 lbs sounds pretty good for the under $3000 price tag. Downside ,for me at least, no place to do a demo ride and not a lot of reviews that I can find. At my stage in life I'll never be able to make full use of a $4000-$10,000 emtb so no reason to pay the big bucks and the 130NM should really help in getting my old ass up some cool single tracks that I want to ride.

m@Robertson; do you have any reviews of the Cyberbike?
Never heard of them before you mentioned them. On paper at least, they look really good. I've never heard of the motor which means its not the same known quantity that a Bafang would be on a different DTC budget ebike. The components all look to be second or third-tier Far East parts that may or may not be of good quality.

It seems aimed directly at the lower-power, strictly-legal segment of the market, so its actually trying to compete in a different arena than the Bafang-Ultra-equipped motor'd bikes are. I note in the specs the motor is listed as '750w peak' so if thats truthful, the motor power level is quite a bit less than the usual 750w rating, which tends to be an average and not a peak value.

Hi, I am having a difficult time figuring out who still makes class 3 eMountain bikes of the non-fat tire variety.
I would like to find a list from Cannondale, Trek, Specialized, Rocky Mountain or other high quality bikes, but class 3 specific.
The bike manufacturers don't generally have a filter for this parameter which kind of sucks, which makes me think that they are trying to phase class 3 out in favour of class 1.
I think you're misunderstanding what you're seeing. Class 3 bikes aren't getting phased out for class 1. If anything the manufacturers are moving toward unlimited class, damn the law.

You aren't going to find a Cannondale, Trek or Specialized Class 3 emtb because to get to Class 3 power levels you need power that exceeds the "250w" EU specification (its not really 250w but thats a tangent to go off into another time). Bikes that are in the "750w" range cannot be sold to much of the world and are a niche product mostly only marketable in the USA.

Luna will go way over that line. Same with Frey. HPC used to be all big hub motor bikes but looks like they have a mid drive line now. Biktrix has more of a fat bike thing going, as does Eunorau.
Bitrix monte line has a non fat under 60lb and eunorau has the Spector which is plus tire and urus. All of them technically are over the 750w range.

Back