Choosing your ebike

ronniebellie

Local time
7:46 AM
I'm looking for some kind of online tool that would help me list potential ebikes for purchase that would fit my situation. My needs are basically an ebike that I use about 70% for recreation (longer rides, 20-50 miles, on hard or crushed rock surfaces), about 30% around town for commenting, occasionally carrying cargo like groceries. I also want a Gates carbon belt, a mid-drive Bosch motor (or equivalent quality), about a 500-750w motor, a range of 40+ and no throttle please. Weight around 50 lbs or lower. Budget = up to $3,500.

The concept is completely awesome but i don't know of any kind of search comparison like that. in terms of bikes it sounds like you're looking for something like the turbo vado by specialized.

The concept is completely awesome but i don't know of any kind of search comparison like that. in terms of bikes it sounds like you're looking for something like the turbo vado by specialized.
Thank you. When glancing at their site, it looks like they are only in UK. Is that correct?

Google "best e-bikes". Then search YouTube for "best e-bikes". After a hundred hours of culling through the resources, try to narrow down your choices to your top two or three. After you've done that, post the question on this forum or some other bike forum, "If you had to choose between these bikes, which one would you choose?" (Failing to narrow down the choices, you will otherwise get answers that in no way meet your needs.)

A few of the favorite e-bike brands are listed here: https://ebikeescape.com/top-ebike-brands/
The list is missing two of my favorite brands, Himiway and Magicycle, be sure to check those two brands out when you do your search.

Good luck! :)

Back