Charge them question

vslimm

Local time
4:42 PM
Hello all, have aventon pace 500 and a level. Mainly we keep them in the extra bedroom right by the garage door. Free up garage space and temp is better for batteries. I keep them plugged in and charging all day, everyday. Is this bad on battery life? Thanks, Victor out.

Hello all, have aventon pace 500 and a level. Mainly we keep them in the extra bedroom right by the garage door. Free up garage space and temp is better for batteries. I keep them plugged in and charging all day, everyday. Is this bad on battery life? Thanks, Victor out.
To "keep your batteries plugged in and charging all day, everyday" is as bad for the charger as it is for the battery, in my opinion.

Let's see what others say too :)

I have a Ride1Up 500. This is from their support library. Not good to leave it continuously connected to a charger. I expect this is true of all lithium batteries.

I have a Ride1Up 500. This is from their support library. Not good to leave it continuously connected to a charger. I expect this is true of all lithium batteries.

You shouldn’t store batteries at above 80% charge. A good charger will not overcharge a battery, but forcing the battery to stay at a full charge will shorten its life. The charger should be disconnected once a full charge is reached.

I echo what the others have said.

I would unplug it once fully charged and then recharge as needed during regular use (I like to recharge mine to 100% each night when I’m riding it daily).

If you‘re planning on not using it for several weeks/months, Aventon advises storing the battery at about a 75% charge and then checking it every month to make sure it doesn’t need to be recharged back to that level (they will slowly drain when not being used, and it is unhealthy to let a battery sit with a very low charge).

Don't keep it plugged in all the time.....here's some good guidelines....

Back