Changing Handlebars

Chainplate

Local time
6:45 AM
I am seriously considering the purchase on the Eunorau Fat-HD https://eunorau-ebike.com/collections/frontpage/products/fat-hd?variant=40986615152791 ebike but I'd like the bike even more if it had 'cruiser' style handlebars. Has anyone had experience making a change like this? The nuts and bolts of the project don't intimidate me but I'm more concerned about changing the geometry of the bike to the point where it's difficult to steer/uncomfortable or unsafe. Thanks for your help!

I am seriously considering the purchase on the Eunorau Fat-HD https://eunorau-ebike.com/collections/frontpage/products/fat-hd?variant=40986615152791 ebike but I'd like the bike even more if it had 'cruiser' style handlebars. Has anyone had experience making a change like this? The nuts and bolts of the project don't intimidate me but I'm more concerned about changing the geometry of the bike to the point where it's difficult to steer/uncomfortable or unsafe. Thanks for your help!
Changing the handlebars will not change the geometry of the bike. To change the geometry you would need to change the rake and trail of the steering head and forks.

I've changed handlebars on most if not all of my ebikes.
Handlebar swap doesn't change the geometry, but does change how the bike handles, depending how wide/far the reach of the grips are for you to control the bike.
Changing the handlebar from a MTB to a cruiser type may require longer cables/brake lines/wiring.
It's difficult to say if OEM wiring are long enough for the handlebar swap.

Changing the handlebars will not change the geometry of the bike. To change the geometry you would need to change the rake and trail of the steering head and forks.

So the “trail” is the length of the steering head, and the “rake” is the pitch of the head or forks from vertical? Do I have that right?

Just tryin’ to learn.

So the “trail” is the length of the steering head, and the “rake” is the pitch of the head or forks from vertical? Do I have that right?

Just tryin’ to learn.
Here is a explanation of trail on bike front end. "The trail is essentially the product of the head tube angle and the fork rake. It refers to the distance between your front tire’s contact patch and the steer tube angle."

On my Addmotor Motan I just swapped out the Promax handlebars for Raceface ones with more rise and a touch wider. The process wasn't bad it was just time consuming to loosen everything and swap. I mounted the new "bare" bars and then used two big zip-ties to hang the old handlebar loosely below the new one while I transferred things over.

Back