Change To Sabvaton 45a controller?

Mr EBIKER

Local time
11:58 AM
I recently ordered a new ebike with 48v 13a 1000w (rear hub), it goes to max 28 to 30mph(wind at my back)
Eventually I may upgrade to 1500/2000w or AWD (1k rear and 1K front). When I went ahead and inspected
the controller its one with a max of 28Amps.
My question is I would like to get the sabvaton controller w 45a and 36v to 72v supported. I know the specs said it
will support 1K to 3K watts.
If I replace the controller with the sabvaton and still have my 1000w rear hub, would there be any notable increase
in performance? I like the sabvaton with the display ukc1 unless someone knows of a better controller.
Then I would eventully decide on AWD or bigger rear hub motor.
Thanks

If your motor is amp-starved, then providing more amps will give better performance. However, if it is performing to spec, then more amps will do nothing at all. Higher voltage would be needed, or a different motor, for more speed.

I recently ordered a new ebike with 48v 13a 1000w (rear hub), it goes to max 28 to 30mph(wind at my back)
Eventually I may upgrade to 1500/2000w or AWD (1k rear and 1K front). When I went ahead and inspected
the controller its one with a max of 28Amps.
My question is I would like to get the sabvaton controller w 45a and 36v to 72v supported. I know the specs said it
will support 1K to 3K watts.
If I replace the controller with the sabvaton and still have my 1000w rear hub, would there be any notable increase
in performance? I like the sabvaton with the display ukc1 unless someone knows of a better controller.
Then I would eventully decide on AWD or bigger rear hub motor.
Thanks
What motor do u have? I need help finding out what colors to connect for phase/hall/etc going to Voilamart 1500w 48v rear hub (9C clone motor) if anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated

To the OP - it would be helpful to know what Rear-Hub-Motor so you can have the "real spec". In many cases a Bike Brand will quote "Peak Watts" - so very/very often 750w HubMotor (even 500w) are presented as 1000w. A "true" 1000w rear Hub - example Bafang G062.1000 or new G063.1000 - with 85-90nm torque - would be "getting you" a bit over 30mph - like 33-34. - and "better" acceleration. A Sabvoton (now MQCON) controller matched with Cycle Analyst display many consider to be "best-in-class" for Hub Motor Control. But frankly in "High Performance Build" eBikes - Hub Motors lose out to frankly better performing High Performance Mid-Drive Systems (example modded Bafang or CYC=hot/hot).

Back