Chain adjustment

canis2022

Local time
9:11 AM
After riding my bike a couple of times now that the weather has warmed up, I noticed the chain has quite a bit of slack in it. A new chain is probably somewhere in the near future. I'd appreciate some advice on the best way to go about adjusting it. The bike doesn't have chain adjusters on it that I know of. This is what I'm looking at. Thanks for your help. Tom

Attachments

• chain2.jpg
    chain2.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 113
  • chain3.jpg
    chain3.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 114
  • chain4.jpg
    chain4.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 110
  • chain5.jpg
    chain5.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 103
Looks like your derailed has slipped forward, loosen your pivot bolt and rotate that arm clockwise. There is a catch to limit rotating to far as pictured.

Pivot bolt?? Sorry, not sure about location of pivot bolt.
Your pic chain 3 button head Allan directly under axle at motor wire cable. Loosen screw 1 turn counter clockwise, now pull towards rear and unfold the assembly. Find the notch that keeps arm in correct position.

Your pic chain 3 button head Allan directly under axle at motor wire cable. Loosen screw 1 turn counter clockwise, now pull towards rear and unfold the assembly. Find the notch that keeps arm in correct position.
Excellent! Thank you

After riding my bike a couple of times now that the weather has warmed up, I noticed the chain has quite a bit of slack in it. A new chain is probably somewhere in the near future. I'd appreciate some advice on the best way to go about adjusting it. The bike doesn't have chain adjusters on it that I know of. This is what I'm looking at. Thanks for your help. Tom
Your pivot bolt may be loose, to allow the derailer to slip past the tab to hold the derailer in the correct position.

Back