Cable raps for front folding e bikes

jimbo5

Local time
2:39 AM
I seen some of your e bikes that have all there cables rapped up to protect or bundle them together. Been looking. Do any of you have idea where to get them? One looks like cloth with zipper. Just asking what some of you have done

Attachments

• 20230122_211028.jpg
    20230122_211028.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 65
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks guys, this last week riding on dirt trail twice got branches stuck through my front cables. Once was a stopper and almost wrecked. It will at lease protect cable lines but it was a wow moment.

I'd use the appropriate diameter black plastic spiral wrap. Easy to work with, and easy to make it look a profession job.

Well for now I went with zipper 20" cables rap. But after helping last week girlfriends place fixing, and outside work and then 2 more days replacing a bathroom sink facet from hell. My back problems with knees and more have me down. Hope to feel better and ride. So many things going on but just keep positive and step by step. I could write a book with it all. Anyway life is still a good deal.
Thanks again for idea's

Attachments

• 20230411_101313.jpg
    20230411_101313.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230411_101322.jpg
    20230411_101322.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 61
Well for now I went with zipper 20" cables rap. But after helping last week girlfriends place fixing, and outside work and then 2 more days replacing a bathroom sink facet from hell. My back problems with knees and more have me down. Hope to feel better and ride. So many things going on but just keep positive and step by step. I could write a book with it all. Anyway life is still a good deal.
Thanks again for idea's
Well we hope ya feel better soon @jimbo5 :cool:

I use the woven split loom from Alex Tech that you can find from the link @HumanPerson gave above. Its sold in a boatload of different widths.

Here's something else you can do: Go to the local big orange hardware store and get yourself some vinyl pool tubing. the clear stuff with the cross-woven ribbing. Wide variety of diameters so pick one of your choice. Cut an appropriate length and slit it lengthwise. Put wiring inside and use velcro One Wrap ties to close it back up. You now have many wires/cables bundled and protected inside a tough outer casing. (you could do the same thing with 1" lengths placed at intervals and gorilla taped).

I've done that using 3/4" ID silicone tubing I had on hand. Its black and blends in as a result, but buying that for this task is a pretty pricey. A wrap of black gorilla tape over the tubing would handle the blending thing.

I use the woven split loom from Alex Tech that you can find from the link @HumanPerson gave above. Its sold in a boatload of different widths.

Here's something else you can do: Go to the local big orange hardware store and get yourself some vinyl pool tubing. the clear stuff with the cross-woven ribbing. Wide variety of diameters so pick one of your choice. Cut an appropriate length and slit it lengthwise. Put wiring inside and use velcro One Wrap ties to close it back up. You now have many wires/cables bundled and protected inside a tough outer casing. (you could do the same thing with 1" lengths placed at intervals and gorilla taped).

I've done that using 3/4" ID silicone tubing I had on hand. Its black and blends in as a result, but buying that for this task is a pretty pricey. A wrap of black gorilla tape over the tubing would handle the blending thing.
Thanks I check it out.

Back