Buying at a lower price point

Mrs Gibbons

Local time
10:36 PM
I am a senior and I want to buy my first ebike. I live in a hilly area and need help getting up the hills but I don't want a bike that is so powerful it will have me zooming too fast on the flat bits. I prefer a foldable step thru bike as I live in the city and want to be able to take it on the train. As it is my first, I don't want to go crazy with price. I was hoping to find something acceptable under $1000 but I am afraid that the companies in this price point won't offer good customer service if there is a problem. I would love to hear from others who may have experienced customer service in this price point. Thank you for your time.

Thank you for the reply. The Lectric XP Step Thru 2.0 is the bike I have been leaning toward. Seems right for me. Has anyone had any dealings with their customer service?

I would want to buy a bike where I knew I could get replacement parts, like the drive motor, controller, and battery. Otherwise one could find themselves with a 60 lb bike that is difficult to pedal and has zero resale value. The bottom bike I would consider is the Blix Vika+ folding e-bike that sells for $1700 and weighs in at 55 lbs with the battery in place.

With a $1000 budget I would buy a folding standard bicycle like the Tern Node or the Dahon Mariner. These are also more likely to be available on the used bike market and sold on Craigslist.

Thank you for the reply. The Lectric XP Step Thru 2.0 is the bike I have been leaning toward. Seems right for me. Has anyone had any dealings with their customer service?
You said you lived in a hilly area, how steep are those hills, its important to know as most low priced e-bikes don't have the power to pull up steep hills without considerable help from the rider. Also the riders weight plays into the bikes being able to navigate hills.

As far as customer service goes none of the direct to consumer bike companies are good at customer service mainly because most are China based. I'm not sure even buying from a local bike shop would be much better as they have difficulty getting parts from the mfg of these bikes.

I am a senior and I want to buy my first ebike. I live in a hilly area and need help getting up the hills but I don't want a bike that is so powerful it will have me zooming too fast on the flat bits. I prefer a foldable step thru bike as I live in the city and want to be able to take it on the train. As it is my first, I don't want to go crazy with price. I was hoping to find something acceptable under $1000 but I am afraid that the companies in this price point won't offer good customer service if there is a problem. I would love to hear from others who may have experienced customer service in this price point. Thank you for your time.
I have a Tern d7i eLink fold up non step thru, $1,500, lowest price the ebike dealer had. Because of high prices, many ebike dealers have payment plans and step thru bikes. They can register, if your state allows. Some outdoor malls dont allow riding motorized vehicles ridden on sidewalks so, you'll need to know where bike racks are. Buy a U-lock. Ask a worker or online website. Needless, to say use your peripheral vision, anticipation and knowing your place as a moving object in busy parking lots will save your life or from falling. My bike max. spd. 20mph. Buy a U-lock.

Back