Built in controller or separate controller for rear wheel hub motor, which would be best?

Dno007

Local time
10:03 AM
Built in controller or separate controller for rear wheel hub motor, which would be best?

Depends on the user?

If it were me i'd go for the seperate controller in case something in it goes awry....that way it's easier to replace or fix
Just my opinion there.

Depends on the user?

If it were me i'd go for the seperate controller in case something in it goes awry....that way it's easier to replace or fix
Just my opinion there.
To be honest that what i was thinking , just using full suspension bike doesnt give many options where to put the controller but im sure ill solve it

This is -not- my area of expertise so take my opinion with a grain of salt. It from what I've heard the integrated controllers have a bit more precision in operation, but they also seem somewhat more vulnerable to heat buildup. In my opinion an integrated one could be fine for mostly flat-lower speed riding but if you punch hills I think you'd probably be better served by an external controller with a nice aluminum case to act as a heat sink.

This is the bike im planning on doing , controller either in the frame (prefered location) or behind the seat, im currently looking for new forks too , it was a junk bike and i have totaly stripped it re greased every thing and painted it black as you can see , i plan on using it to commute 6.5 miles each way to work just hope it will be reliable enough !!

Attachments

• A8075B72-4E4E-416D-ACA7-74257ABD3228.jpeg
    A8075B72-4E4E-416D-ACA7-74257ABD3228.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 423CD4AB-54AC-4D81-A6D8-15E76D995FBB.jpeg
    423CD4AB-54AC-4D81-A6D8-15E76D995FBB.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 132
This is -not- my area of expertise so take my opinion with a grain of salt. It from what I've heard the integrated controllers have a bit more precision in operation, but they also seem somewhat more vulnerable to heat buildup. In my opinion an integrated one could be fine for mostly flat-lower speed riding but if you punch hills I think you'd probably be better served by an external controller with a nice aluminum case to act as a heat sink.
I like the aluminium box idea guessing these can be bought online some where… all opinions matter thats what im wanting thank you (Y)

Back