Broken controller - 2017 Biktrix Stunner LT

chbrown

Local time
4:46 AM
I'm acquiring a 2017 stunner lt. It has a problem controller and a clunking sound from the motor, if and when there is any reaction at all. The controller has a broken component and I'm trying to get info about a replacement from the company. Has anyone had a similar experience? How did it work out? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Charley Brown

Yes, Lots of people have had a problem and then gotten it fixed.

They usually start by carefully describing their motor, controller, and battery, after realizing the brand name on the bike is nearly worthless.

They give actual names to "broken components"

Next, they describe their symptoms in great detail, describing their motor noises as related to applying power or rotating by hand, for instance. The do not use terms like "any reaction at all" and instead describe specifically amounts of wheel rotation and duration using standard units of measurement.

They also understand that attempting to get replacement parts, from the bike maker, for a five year old product is Truly frigging hilarious.

Replacing the controller with a suitable replacement should be fairly easy and not too expensive. Isolating the problem with the motor might be more of an issue. Might require disassembly, could be toast.

Battery on a five-year old bike is going to need replacement, soon if still functional, and it might not be.

Hope you got a good deal on it.

Yes, Lots of people have had a problem and then gotten it fixed.

They usually start by carefully describing their motor, controller, and battery, after realizing the brand name on the bike is nearly worthless.

They give actual names to "broken components"

Next, they describe their symptoms in great detail, describing their motor noises as related to applying power or rotating by hand, for instance. The do not use terms like "any reaction at all" and instead describe specifically amounts of wheel rotation and duration using standard units of measurement.

They also understand that attempting to get replacement parts, from the bike maker, for a five year old product is Truly frigging hilarious.

Replacing the controller with a suitable replacement should be fairly easy and not too expensive. Isolating the problem with the motor might be more of an issue. Might require disassembly, could be toast.

Battery on a five-year old bike is going to need replacement, soon if still functional, and it might not be.

Hope you got a good deal on it
Nelson my first thought is why would they buy a broken bike without knowing if it could be repaired for a reasonable price.

That aside I would recommend trying to get as many details about the controller (mfg, model specs) same with motor and display, then search for affordable replacements. I would strongly suggest this is done before acquiring the bike especially if you are putting out $s for the bike.

Using the cryptic clues, I narrowed it down the Biktrix Stunner LT and then added that into the title of the thread :)

Back