Brand new to ebikes

toddparr

Local time
4:40 PM
I just got my new Aventon Aventure. So far, I love it. I did some reading on here, and I'm reading that some people are getting incredible mileage on theirs. I'm only getting 24 miles or so on setting 5. My area is a lot of hills, but does that sound right? Seems very low.

The maximum range is achieved with nice flat ground, tailwinds, and the lowest assist setting with constant pedaling. OP's range data are about right for his conditions.

I just got my new Aventon Aventure. So far, I love it. I did some reading on here, and I'm reading that some people are getting incredible mileage on theirs. I'm only getting 24 miles or so on setting 5. My area is a lot of hills, but does that sound right? Seems very low.
Always divide the BS range claims that production ebike companies bait potential buyers with by half, and then expect to pedal your ass off. But... also remember that it's an ebike, not an electric motorcycle, not a premium ebike by any means, so cut the assist 2 levels and ride the same route. It will take you longer but you could possibly double your range. The faster you ride the shorter the ride. Use your gears, get the bike up and moving without the assist, never use power while descending, Don't Race People, and most importantly keep your speed down. Use those rules and see what your range is. There are lots of advantages to having a big battery, the only downsides are cost and weight, the weight is easy to get used to. Ride safe.

Back