Brand new to ebikes and loving it!

Riker01

Local time
2:37 AM
Just purchased a Propella 7S. I just wanted a little assist going up some hills and my artificial hip gets a little tired sometimes and I wanted to make sure that I had some help to get home if needed. I am fortunate that here in central Iowa there are more than enough paved trails to explore. I have only been on two rides so far about 16 mi each. My battery is small by a lot of standards, but I do not have any complaints, it lasted me fine for all 30mi so far wth about 30% charge left.

The Question I have: Would it be worth it to purchase another battery just to keep on hand? I read that they are supposed to be good for 300-500 cycles and last 3-5 years. Would a spare battery even be any good in 3-5 years if I bought one now? The company offers them for a pretty reasonable price, but I don't want to waste the cash.
Thanks in advance.

Just purchased a Propella 7S. I just wanted a little assist going up some hills and my artificial hip gets a little tired sometimes and I wanted to make sure that I had some help to get home if needed. I am fortunate that here in central Iowa there are more than enough paved trails to explore. I have only been on two rides so far about 16 mi each. My battery is small by a lot of standards, but I do not have any complaints, it lasted me fine for all 30mi so far wth about 30% charge left.

The Question I have: Would it be worth it to purchase another battery just to keep on hand? I read that they are supposed to be good for 300-500 cycles and last 3-5 years. Would a spare battery even be any good in 3-5 years if I bought one now? The company offers them for a pretty reasonable price, but I don't want to waste the cash.
Thanks in advance.
Would be nice to carry with you when you want to go on long rides.
Charge to 80-85% and discharge no lower than 20% and your cycles will increase.

If you bought the extra and used it like changed them up a bit you'd get longer life for sure, and always have that backup
battery if you ever need it.

Welcome :)

You could wire a huge block battery midframe mate.
Oh a nice 52v (58.8 fully charged) 40ah battery will do you just fine :)

30 mile trip is really nice when i go. Do you have a route and people you interact with?
I've found that the shops along my routes always have some good people to converse with.

If you do get the extra battery, use it sometimes so it dont waste away.
Also when you store it make sure the charge is around 45-55%

Hope this helps :)

Really depends on how far/how often you ride. I only get out once or twice a week, and do strictly trails. The Bosch system on my bike has a projected range of 90 miles, which is farther than I care to ride. Frequently I'm good for two 20 mile rides before beginning to be uncomfortable about remaining range.
Now the Bosch batteries are crowding $500, so it's not worth getting a spare for me.
Dan

Back