Brand New Himiway Crashed at 1/2 mile.

cannonball

Local time
10:44 AM
So I got my Himiway Cruiser yesterday. I put it together no problem. It went together just like my other Walmart 500 W fat tire bike. I took it for a test dive in the big empty parking next to my house in the light rain. It's much faster than the other ebikes. Ten minutes into my first ride and not even a half mile on the bike it slide into a full crash. I felt like I was in another motorcycle accident. I'm 60 years old. My biker days were long over! How can this be... It's only a bicycle. As I limped home with a bent peddle, twisted handlebars broken right brake, road rash on both sides of the bike, road rash on my face and arms, bloody nose and bruised ribs, I heard the little voice in my head said " Is it a cruiser or a bruiser"?

So I got my Himiway Cruiser yesterday. I put it together no problem. It went together just like my other Walmart 500 W fat tire bike. I took it for a test dive in the big empty parking next to my house in the light rain. It's much faster than the other ebikes. Ten minutes into my first ride and not even a half mile on the bike it slide into a full crash. I felt like I was in another motorcycle accident. I'm 60 years old. My biker days were long over! How can this be... It's only a bicycle. As I limped home with a bent peddle, twisted handlebars broken right brake, road rash on both sides of the bike, road rash on my face and arms, bloody nose and bruised ribs, I heard the little voice in my head said " Is it a cruiser or a bruiser"?
Sure looks like you're living up to your screen name! Sorry to hear of your crash I'm 75 here and two weeks ago due to my own miss judgment the bike slid out from underneath me and I landed flat on my back.

I'm better now took a short 6 mile ride the other day felt pretty good but the northwest has decided to slip into fall and it's raining today. By the way there are ways to tame the Himiway down especially in the area of how aggressive it is when first applying power..

Hope you heal up fast and are not discouraged.

Its probably a good idea to not ride on wet roads. Even on dry roads you can lose traction. Luckily you didn't slide into traffic!
I won't drive when things are wet mainly because I don't want to get any of the electrical components wet. The components are water resistant not waterproof. 600 miles in 8 weeks and no problems at all other than the center treads on rear tire worn right down.

I ride a Aventon Aventure,my first ebike. 3 months old, 325 miles. I just turned 70. I was coming up to a stop going maybe 5 mph, a car was coming. So I hit my brakes like normal, in no danger of being hit by the car. My bike started to lean over, my foot at top of pedal stroke. I put my foot down, ankle folded I fell. I'm not a frail guy, 6'1", 250 lbs. Heavier than I should be,but still strong, not in too bad of shape. I was hoping for a bad sprain, broke in 1 place ,fractured I'm another. I had surgery, ankle hardware installed the day before my 70th birthday. I'm still recovering ,been laid up 4 weeks, at least 3 to go then P.T. I hope to be riding again by winter, obviously cut my season short, but I live in the south,we have some decent winter days. I quit riding a 700 lb Harley because I was afraid of getting hurt. I rode for 30 yrs with only minor bruises,road rash a couple of times. I fall almost stopped on a 70 lb ebike and break my ankle, frustrating.

Back