Brake Pads

TotemvicTrav

Local time
5:40 PM
Hello I have a newish totem victor 2.0. The brakes are absolutley horrible ive tighted the cables and adjusted so i went farther and looked into the disc brake pads especially because the front makes a tumping feeling when they get hot. Well turns out theres no pad material left. So a few questions i have or advice im looking for if someone wouldnt mind.

1.) What kinda pads should i buy as far as material
2.) What part number or brand? The caliper says Reptune?
3.) Should i get them from amazon or any websites recommend?
4.) Bike has 230 miles on it should i replace rotors as well>

Please let me know
Thank you guys!

Hey homie, I just order replacement calipers with pads as totem wouldn't sell just the pads. I sent them an email and then they gave me a part order request form and sent an invoice. They have a unique pad and pad clip, hopefully someone out there can find the pads. Kyle

Hello I have a newish totem victor 2.0. The brakes are absolutley horrible ive tighted the cables and adjusted so i went farther and looked into the disc brake pads especially because the front makes a tumping feeling when they get hot. Well turns out theres no pad material left. So a few questions i have or advice im looking for if someone wouldnt mind.

1.) What kinda pads should i buy as far as material
2.) What part number or brand? The caliper says Reptune?
3.) Should i get them from amazon or any websites recommend?
4.) Bike has 230 miles on it should i replace rotors as well>

Please let me know
Thank you guys!
Did you resolve this issue?

There is nothing to stop you from replacing the whole unit for something different or better. 230 miles is very, very low for the sort of problems you have described.

I personally would just change the whole setup, doesn't have to be expensive but even a complete set of new f/r units, including pads and new rotors can be had for £80GBP.

When it comes to pads, I always seek out pads that have got either Kevlar or Ceramic material (I use hydraulic brakes). I have an ott set of brakes but I get well in excess of a 1000 miles out of a set of pads and that is from daily road use and some weekend off-road use.

Where you buy them from is not as important as you getting what is written on the box.

Back