Brake cut offs not needed?

Pine_marten

Local time
11:04 AM
Just otdered a BBS02 kit and the supplier stipulated that the brake sensors were not needed. I had understood that the BBS02 while under pedal assist would keep the speed constant wether or not you were pedaling. I did order the shift cut out sensor. My understanding was that if you did not want the constant speed you had to re program the controller. Some what confused by this.....

Just otdered a BBS02 kit and the supplier stipulated that the brake sensors were not needed. I had understood that the BBS02 while under pedal assist would keep the speed constant wether or not you were pedaling. I did order the shift cut out sensor. My understanding was that if you did not want the constant speed you had to re program the controller. Some what comfused by this.....
Check out Eggrider.com

Not sure I understand your post.
Under pedal assist, you only get assistance while pedaling, thus the name. Stop pedaling, then there's no assistance.
That is the reason why some people don't use brake sensors - as they stop pedaling when applying the brakes.
If you pedal while applying the brakes, then you're fighting against the motor.
The BBS02/HD are configurable as to their PAS levels - you can adjust the current and the speed for each level. But you can't "turn off" the speed component. Since there is no torque sensor, the BBS motor can only use speed when determining if it should apply assistance or not.

Back