Brake adapter for Tesgo Explorer

Bruno-Explorer

Local time
11:29 AM
I am trying to upgrade my Tesgo Explorer to 180 or 203mm rotor but the Calipers are not standard 74mm (PM) they are 84mm :(

Does any one know of a adapter that will fit the Explorers Dyisland MT600 Calipers?

I have ordered a Shimano R203S/S which is an IS-IS adapter but I have a feeling its not going to work due to lack of clearance to attach to the existing 84mm to IS adapter on the calipers.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_2839.jpeg
    IMG_2839.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 94
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 101
  • s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 98
I’m experiencing the same issue currently with the same kit. Did you happen to find a solution? I can’t find the proper adapter anywhere. The kit came with 1, but I used it on the front brake and now need another for the rear

I’m experiencing the same issue currently with the same kit. Did you happen to find a solution? I can’t find the proper adapter anywhere. The kit came with 1, but I used it on the front brake and now need another for the rear
Welcome to the forums! :cool:

I wonder if this would be the size yas need..

It looks like the QM10 and the QM12 may be the ones I would need based on the description of those, but unfortunately those aren’t currently available on the drop down list.

I ordered one of the front spacers/adapters directly from the manufacturer (Dyisland) today, but they’re located in China so I’m sure it will be a while before it arrives here in the US. That part shows for front brakes only, but I see no reason it wouldn’t work for the rear as well. I’ll report back when it arrives and I can test it out.

For now, I have the hydraulic installed in the front, and mechanical in the rear. Both have the motor cutoff wires so not a big problem for the time being. Thanks for the reply!

It looks like the QM10 and the QM12 may be the ones I would need based on the description of those, but unfortunately those aren’t currently available on the drop down list.

I ordered one of the front spacers/adapters directly from the manufacturer (Dyisland) today, but they’re located in China so I’m sure it will be a while before it arrives here in the US. That part shows for front brakes only, but I see no reason it wouldn’t work for the rear as well. I’ll report back when it arrives and I can test it out.

For now, I have the hydraulic installed in the front, and mechanical in the rear. Both have the motor cutoff wires so not a big problem for the time being. Thanks for the reply!
Here is the link for the part that worked in the front for adapting a 74mm caliper bolt spacing to 84mm https://dy-island.com/products/dyis...mount-pm-f180-for-180mm-disc-post-mount-frame

Back