Bought an Ebay BBSHD and is only 48V. Possible modify for 52V?

cameramike

Local time
10:07 AM
Get error 07 if connect a 52 V battery fully charged. Tried copying profile using the programming cable from a Luna BBSHD and it did not fix it. Is it possible or do I need buy a new controller?

BIG UPDATE - the answer to the title question is yes - found the answer under an Error 30 discussion. There is a video on YouTube posted by GoldenMotor.Bike shows how to flash the controller with 48 to 52 settings. There is a problem. After the flashing everything appears to work fine except if you want to use the Bafang Config Tool and change any controllers settings.
Flashed my controller and now can use 52 V batteries. If I use Bafang Config Tool after doing a read, cannot write to the controller, in fact I get error 30. so far only way to fix is to the complete "Golden" flash again. I want to set the assist 0 values to 1 so the throttle will work independent of PAS. I tried both the Bafang Config Tool and the Stafan Penov version with same results am afraid try many more time fear of breaking the connector or something else.
Any help or explanation why the Bafang Config Tool causes error 30? Is my controller "locked"?

screen shot of the "Golden Tool" attached

Attachments

• golden picture.png
    golden picture.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Get error 07 if connect a 52 V battery fully charged. Tried copying profile using the programming cable from a Luna BBSHD and it did not fix it. Is it possible or do I need buy a new controller?

BIG UPDATE - the answer to the title question is yes - found the answer under an Error 30 discussion. There is a video on YouTube posted by GoldenMotor.Bike shows how to flash the controller with 48 to 52 settings. There is a problem. After the flashing everything appears to work fine except if you want to use the Bafang Config Tool and change any controllers settings.
Flashed my controller and now can use 52 V batteries. If I use Bafang Config Tool after doing a read, cannot write to the controller, in fact I get error 30. so far only way to fix is to the complete "Golden" flash again. I want to set the assist 0 values to 1 so the throttle will work independent of PAS. I tried both the Bafang Config Tool and the Stafan Penov version with same results am afraid try many more time fear of breaking the connector or something else.
Any help or explanation why the Bafang Config Tool causes error 30? Is my controller "locked"?

screen shot of the "Golden Tool" attached
I had the same problem, you have to flash with a different version. And it will work again. You flashed with a wrong version. Find a different one.

I have flashed my bafang several times because there is diferents files to do so, no all fit to my bafang. Afterwards I have been using the bafang tool.

Back