Bosch Powerpack 400 battery or charger issue (solid green light on battery)

pkc55

Local time
12:44 PM
Hi, I have the Bosch Powerpack 400 which was working fine. I recently take it out from the frame to charge it. However, the battery light stays in 3 bars solid green (no flashing) without turning off at all. I put the battery back to the frame and now the bike display is not even turning on. I also connect the Bosch display with a USB power bank and i'm able to turn on the display when the power bank is connected.

On top of that, the charger didn't even get warm at all. I have also press the button on the battery for over 10 secs but there are no reset at all (still 3 bars solid light). Is that the charger or battery issue? Any suggestion?

From another site (I have no verification of this information). Hope this helps.

"The battery does have a built in management system (BMS) that safeguards against overheating, overcharging, short circuiting. As per the manual, you need to hold the button for 15+ seconds to reset the battery, not the 10 seconds you wrote about. When the battery is critically low and gets recharged, you will frequently need to do that reset."

If that simple reset doesn't do the trick I'd say find out about warranty work because there isn't anything in there that the average person should be fiddling with.

Unfortunately, I have tried a few times with 15+ sec and it is still the same.

Just to make sure if the charger is okay too. Did anyone happen to know if the charger stays cool if there are no active charging?

Hi, I have the Bosch Powerpack 400 which was working fine. I recently take it out from the frame to charge it. However, the battery light stays in 3 bars solid green (no flashing) without turning off at all. I put the battery back to the frame and now the bike display is not even turning on. I also connect the Bosch display with a USB power bank and i'm able to turn on the display when the power bank is connected.

On top of that, the charger didn't even get warm at all. I have also press the button on the battery for over 10 secs but there are no reset at all (still 3 bars solid light). Is that the charger or battery issue? Any suggestion?
hello, by chance did you figure out a fix for your Bosch battery? I am having the same issue as you, any other suggestions i can try that wont cost me $600

Back