Bosch performance line cx

Graham

Local time
11:11 PM
Hello, I've had my Trek Powerfly ebike since 2018 I've done about 10,000miles on it and it's powered by a Bosch Performance line Cx.

Today the motor has packed up, it was not sounding to great before hand now there is no power just a whizzing sound as if the gogs are not engaging.

I've removed the motor from the bike and opened the casing, the back plate seems to feel rough when I spin it and the main crank shaft feels a bit wobbly.

I'm not sure what to do from here and was hoping for some advice please

Many thanks

Graham

Hello, I've had my Trek Powerfly ebike since 2018 I've done about 10,000miles on it and it's powered by a Bosch Performance line Cx.

Today the motor has packed up, it was not sounding to great before hand now there is no power just a whizzing sound as if the gogs are not engaging.

I've removed the motor from the bike and opened the casing, the back plate seems to feel rough when I spin it and the main crank shaft feels a bit wobbly.

I'm not sure what to do from here and was hoping for some advice please

Many thanks

Graham
It sounds to me like you've lost one of the planetary gears. They're generally made out of nylon material you should dig a little further into the motor and see if that's right. I'm not sure whether you can buy replacement parts from Bosch but it would sure be cheaper than a new motor.

Check this YouTube video on fixing Bosch motors.

You should watch this video too especially if the motors is making growling noises indicating the internal bearing need replacing.....

It sounds to me like you've lost one of the planetary gears. They're generally made out of nylon material you should dig a little further into the motor and see if that's right. I'm not sure whether you can buy replacement parts from Bosch but it would sure be cheaper than a new motor.

You should watch this video too especially if the motors is making growling noises indicating the internal bearing need replacing.....

Thanks for replying
All nylon cogs look fine and I have watched all the videos on YouTube very helpful thanks

Back