BMW Pedelec (Bosch Intuvia)

Andrew Edwsrds

Local time
9:32 PM
Hi.
I resently came in to possession of a BMW Pedelec, with Bosch Intuvia Drive System.
When I purchased it I knew that it had a intermittent Fault.
But felt that it was probably going to be a Bad Connection on a socket.
So the problem is.
First time I got on the bike, I started pedeling and then after a short tine the Power came on and Drive for about 1 minute befor cutting out and nothing I did could make it come back on.
So got it home and cleaned the contacts for the Head Unit and put the bike on charge.
The Battery takes a Charge and Holds a charge, although it only shows 4 lights on the Battery and this is confirmed on the Head Unit.
So i remove the battery and clean the contacts and put the Battery back on the bike.
I go to take the bike out for a test ride and power up the head Unit, but their is no Speed Infication on the screen, which leads me to think "No communication with Drive Unit".
But I take it out for a short ride, going down the road I power On the Head Unit and the display suddenly shows speed and I get drive power for about 1 minute, befor it dies again.
At this point I am thinking Connection sockets on Drive Motor, so I get it home and start to work out how to get the Covers off the Drive Motor.
Turns out some one in the Past has stripped the Threads in the Crank Arm, so I could not split the crank and I could not get my puller in, as the motor cover was in the way.
So I take it to my local Bosch Dealer and ask them to put it on their Diagnostic befor I try cutting the crank arm off.
BOSCH dealer Diagnostic comes back Faulty Head Unit, Faulty Battery, Faulty Drive Unit, "Scrap Bike".

Not realy being very happy with what the Bosch Dealer had said, I proceeded to carefully Cut off the Crank Arm, making shore that I did not Damage the Spline (fortunately I used to be a Mechanic).
On getting to the drive motor and sockets, I find that the sockets are all clean and as they should be, but clean them any way.
But still no communication between the Head Unit and Motor Unti, other than a short period whilst Riding the bike.

I am starting to think that it is a connection inside the Drive Unit, but when I come to split the crank the other side, I find the same problem (Striped Threads).
So befor I go any further, I was Hoping (Praying) that some one ether knows what is Wrong or has any good Advice on how to Fix the Problrm.

I am reluctant to give up on the bike, as a new one is going to probably cost me about £3,500.

Please, can any one help?

Hi.
I resently came in to possession of a BMW Pedelec, with Bosch Intuvia Drive System.
When I purchased it I knew that it had a intermittent Fault.
But felt that it was probably going to be a Bad Connection on a socket.
So the problem is.
First time I got on the bike, I started pedeling and then after a short tine the Power came on and Drive for about 1 minute befor cutting out and nothing I did could make it come back on.
So got it home and cleaned the contacts for the Head Unit and put the bike on charge.
The Battery takes a Charge and Holds a charge, although it only shows 4 lights on the Battery and this is confirmed on the Head Unit.
So i remove the battery and clean the contacts and put the Battery back on the bike.
I go to take the bike out for a test ride and power up the head Unit, but their is no Speed Infication on the screen, which leads me to think "No communication with Drive Unit".
But I take it out for a short ride, going down the road I power On the Head Unit and the display suddenly shows speed and I get drive power for about 1 minute, befor it dies again.
At this point I am thinking Connection sockets on Drive Motor, so I get it home and start to work out how to get the Covers off the Drive Motor.
Turns out some one in the Past has stripped the Threads in the Crank Arm, so I could not split the crank and I could not get my puller in, as the motor cover was in the way.
So I take it to my local Bosch Dealer and ask them to put it on their Diagnostic befor I try cutting the crank arm off.
BOSCH dealer Diagnostic comes back Faulty Head Unit, Faulty Battery, Faulty Drive Unit, "Scrap Bike".

Not realy being very happy with what the Bosch Dealer had said, I proceeded to carefully Cut off the Crank Arm, making shore that I did not Damage the Spline (fortunately I used to be a Mechanic).
On getting to the drive motor and sockets, I find that the sockets are all clean and as they should be, but clean them any way.
But still no communication between the Head Unit and Motor Unti, other than a short period whilst Riding the bike.

I am starting to think that it is a connection inside the Drive Unit, but when I come to split the crank the other side, I find the same problem (Striped Threads).
So befor I go any further, I was Hoping (Praying) that some one ether knows what is Wrong or has any good Advice on how to Fix the Problrm.

I am reluctant to give up on the bike, as a new one is going to probably cost me about £3,500.

Please, can any one help?
Do you know you double posted this same post. You might want to consider deleting one of them. Sounds like you have some major problems with the Bosch powered bike you just bought. First of all I hope you didn't pay much for it, second I would try another dealer see if you can find one that just doesn't want to sell you something new. Good luck.

Back