Biktrix XD System, new Dual-Drive motor and bikes from Canada

Deafcat22

Local time
4:10 AM
biktrix-xd-motor-header.jpg

xd.biktrix.com

Hey folks! Looking to spread the word and get community feedback, I've got some exciting new drivetrain tech to share, developed in Saskatoon, Canada, at Biktrix.

The drive system is based off a mid-motor, with power transmitted to the rear independently of the Pedal power drivetrain.

Current intended bike application are Fat-tire all-terrains, with a lot of extra torque on tap. Towing, cargo, and daily-driving in particular are at the core of this models abilities.

Low cost-per-km is also a huge focus here, a more practical way to replace your car for commutes for example! The XD system will take all manner of weather + riding conditions, and do it with less maintenance than anything else in its class.

Also: it's about the same size and weight as a bafang Ultra, for immediate comparison (though it exceeds the Ultra in raw performance).

xd.biktrix.com
Cheers!
Deafcat

Biktrix XD System, towing and cargo

Hey folks, thought I'd mention this new bike + drivetrain here, I think it would be of great value for towing and cargo applications...

The system is based on central motor power, chain or belt driven to the rear wheel, while still offering a conventional pedal-power drivetrain on the right side.

We've tested towing up to 4500 lbs, which as you might expect, didn't go very fast at all. Then we tested with about 2000 lbs, and that was really slow too, but kinda hilariously possible. Below 900 pounds, I think you have something that starts to work, which is actually huge.

Cargo similarly, with the right rear wheel, you're getting into heavy cargo territory for a bike.

Most important part of the XD system is going to be sheer reliability for the drivetrain, motor, electronics. All of this is designed and built in Saskatoon Canada.

Designed for 10,000 km drivetrain service interval, but we expect it's possible to go much longer.

Launch site has more on our features, tech specs, design, philosophy, video content: xd.biktrix.com

Cheers!

View attachment 3104

xd.biktrix.com

Hey folks! Looking to spread the word and get community feedback, I've got some exciting new drivetrain tech to share, developed in Saskatoon, Canada, at Biktrix.

The drive system is based off a mid-motor, with power transmitted to the rear independently of the Pedal power drivetrain.

Current intended bike application are Fat-tire all-terrains, with a lot of extra torque on tap. Towing, cargo, and daily-driving in particular are at the core of this models abilities.

Low cost-per-km is also a huge focus here, a more practical way to replace your car for commutes for example! The XD system will take all manner of weather + riding conditions, and do it with less maintenance than anything else in its class.

Also: it's about the same size and weight as a bafang Ultra, for immediate comparison (though it exceeds the Ultra in raw performance).

xd.biktrix.com
Cheers!
Deafcat
Super pumped about a new drive system that isn't made in China !!! Have my order in ...please keep us updated ...

Right on Jerry! Glad you're stoked about it too. We'll have regular updates going out to all reservation holders, and mailing list (as well as bigger news on youtube, facebook, etc).

Super pumped about a new drive system that isn't made in China !!! Have my order in ...please keep us updated ...
Did you ever buy. BikTrix? I am researching my next ebike after buying a Rattan that I've had nothing but problems with. I so wish I had waited and saved another $500 to get a different bike. "Buy cheap pay twice" is my new mantra

View attachment 3104

xd.biktrix.com

xd.biktrix.com
Cheers!
Deafcat
I'm looking at the Stunner x6 atm for my next ebike. Hoping someone who has one will respond to one of my posts about the company. I, stupidly, purchased a Rattan when for less than $500 more I could've gotten a BikTrix. I'm hoping to get a refund from my cc company for the garbage Rattan so I can either fix it to use for Door Dash in order to buy a decent ebike or just save the money and sell the Rattan. I'd feel guilty dumping it on anyone for any more than $500 though.

I'm looking at the Stunner x6 atm for my next ebike. Hoping someone who has one will respond to one of my posts about the company. I, stupidly, purchased a Rattan when for less than $500 more I could've gotten a BikTrix. I'm hoping to get a refund from my cc company for the garbage Rattan so I can either fix it to use for Door Dash in order to buy a decent ebike or just save the money and sell the Rattan. I'd feel guilty dumping it on anyone for any more than $500 though.
I am going to miss the Black Friday deals either way but BikTrix is at the top of my list so far unless new info changes my mind

Back