Bike cutting out when battery on 3 bars

bikemerchant

Local time
6:16 PM
I bought this custom made bike 2 days ago
https://www.adverts.ie/other-sports-...nches/25432673

Was close to fully charged, worked well day 1.
Charged for a few hours and today after about 8km it cut out, just after a stop at a shop.

The battery was showing 3 of 4 bars but the voltage started dropping quickly towards zero, it said something like controller/motor error (I can’t exactly remember) and shut itself off.

I stopped, slipped the battery out and back in and the screen would work again, showing 3 of 4 bars. It worked for less than a minute before the screen shutting off again (no error message from here on, just shut straight off).

Repeated this multiple times – it would shut off once the output reached roughly 700w each time.
No noticeable damage to any cables and it has not been exposed to water since I got it.

Charged it fully and no issue on first test - although I expect the same once i drain 20% or so of the battery.
The seller seems genuine, isn't ducking any questions now but can't troubleshoot it.

Can anybody help me?
Feeling pretty down after my new purchase :(

Advanced settings are:
Lim: 72kmh, DIM 29inches, UNT:0, P1-46, P2-0, P3-0, P4-0, P5-15, C1-2, C2-0, C3-5, C4-0, C5-10, C6-1, C7-1, C8-0, C9-0, C10-N, C11-0, C12-2, C13-5, C14-3, L1-0, L2-0, L3-1, L4-5.

I'd say the battery is failing, especially if you can confirm that the voltage is dropping. By confirm I mean with a multimeter. If it's still good, it most likely the controller.

Charged for a few hours and today after about 8km it cut out, just after a stop at a shop.

The battery was showing 3 of 4 bars but the voltage started dropping quickly towards zero, it said something like controller/motor error (I can’t exactly remember) and shut itself off.

I stopped, slipped the battery out and back in and the screen would work again, showing 3 of 4 bars. It worked for less than a minute before the screen shutting off again (no error message from here on, just shut straight off).

Repeated this multiple times – it would shut off once the output reached roughly 700w each time.
No noticeable damage to any cables and it has not been exposed to water since I got it.

Charged it fully and no issue on first test - although I expect the same once i drain 20% or so of the battery.
The seller seems genuine, isn't ducking any questions now but can't troubleshoot it.

Can anybody help me?

Advanced settings are:
Lim: 72kmh, DIM 29inches, UNT:0, P1-46, P2-0, P3-0, P4-0, P5-15, C1-2, C2-0, C3-5, C4-0, C5-10, C6-1, C7-1, C8-0, C9-0, C10-N, C11-0, C12-2, C13-5, C14-3, L1-0, L2-0, L3-1, L4-5.
You really need to be talking to the people you bought the bike from as there are way to many reasons something like this could happen.

Thanks - I paid to have the battery rebalanced and it's been fine since then.

2 days ago the controller screen kept turning off, either immediately, or if not as soon as I turned the throttle.

Yesterday I fully charged the battery, multimeter gave a reading of 54.8V, and it worked fine on my usual 13km journey.

Today it broke down again when fully charged (first time I turned the throttle).
The screen gave a reading of 51V after this, but the multimeter gave a very high 55.1V reading.
It worked for a short journey, then I charged it, then it failed for the next journey.

Should I be testing each battery series again to see if it's a battery issue again?

Can anybody help me?

Advanced settings are:
Check battery connections. On my Senada Saber, the battery has two connections where it plugs on, the positive connection was burned in the battery. Senada is sending parts. The symptom was nearly the same as yours.

Post the total series count and individual series string voltage results.

Post any specific voltage numbers on the charger, and if you have an alternate charger.

Detail EXACTLY what "paid to rebalance the battery" entails.

How long exactly is "since then"?

You describe malfunctions right after saying it has been fine, "since then".

This raises the question what exactly correct functionality looks like to you.

You have likely been hosed with a bad battery and no real recourse. Could be bad internal connections, or bad BMS. A single bad connection on a positive terminal as suggested is not likely to be the cause.

The battery could be a serious danger and should be parked away from flammable materials. It is seriously over or under charging, or you are measuring wrong. Get a new battery for your DVM.

Can anybody help me?

Advanced settings are:
My Aostirmotor S18 was doing that exact same thing, I took it to an ebike battery shop and they suggested i replace the cells, well basically the whole battery because of the inferior Chinese cells that were probably in the battery. I replace my entire battery pack which was not cheap but so far so good after one month of usage it hasn't cut off.

When I see you posting this like this where someone else just bought a new bike and they come here to ask questions about the problem with it why question why not go back to the seller?

Check battery connections. On my Senada Saber, the battery has two connections where it plugs on, the positive connection was burned in the battery. Senada is sending parts. The symptom was nearly the same as yours.
I also have the Sonata saber could you please tell me what your PO codes are

Back