Bike Carrier for 2 step through Aventon Aventure ebikes?

Shep

Local time
10:08 AM
Recently purchased a step through Aventure. Does anyone have a recommendation for a two up carrier. I see many of the carriers are weight limited for this bike and most do not accommodate a step through with fenders.
Thanks,
Shep

It's definitely a struggle to find a bike carrier for the step through Aventon Aventure since it's a step-through with 4" wide tires, 73lbs weight, non-removable battery and fenders. Even the bike carriers on Aventons own website are not fit for carrying this ebike.

I did however find this bike carrier which can carry up to 80lbs per ebike and it fits fat bike tyres:

Hollywood Racks Sport Rider for Electric Bikes HR-1500-2” Hitch Rack, 2 Bike

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It's definitely a struggle to find a bike carrier for the step through Aventon Aventure since it's a step-through with 4" wide tires, 73lbs weight, non-removable battery and fenders. Even the bike carriers on Aventons own website are not fit for carrying this ebike.

I did however find this bike carrier which can carry up to 80lbs per ebike and it fits fat bike tyres:

Thanks for the lead.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have been using the RockyMounts rack for 3 years. I have two fat tire ebikes on the rack. I have tried Kuat 2.0 and the bikes would wabble really bad. I have not tried the Hollywood Rack but looks pretty flimsy for two fat tire ebikes. I have a 2" hitch.

RockyMounts Monorail 2-Bike Platform

We have 2 Aventon level step thru and carry both on my Subaru OB 2” receiver with a Saris door county carrier. Works well for us especially since we don’t have to lift the bikes.

We have 2 Aventon level step thru and carry both on my Subaru OB 2” receiver with a Saris door county carrier. Works well for us especially since we don’t have to lift the bikes.
I checked it out, looks awesome but I’d have to come out of retirement to buy one.

I thought the Hollywood was the Rack for me, until I saw the 1UP Rack. This is the way to go! The reasons I like it are, its expandable, i.e. you can add more Rails to carry 1 or 2 more Bikes if you want. You can order a Ramp, which makes Loading very easy and the Ramp then attaches to the Bike Rack itself for storage etc. It all Aluminum, light weight, paint won't chip/Rust. Its in Stock now for delivery, we expect our this week.
In my opinion it the Class of the Field!

We bought the Rocky Mounts MonoRail two bike rack for our new Aventon Pace and my old Magnum I5 9 (about 110 lbs total) and we like it a lot. It's very well designed and built, it's easy to use, it fits big fat tires if needed and you can add third bike holder, it's very versatile. It holds the Bikes securely and comes with locking hitch pin and cable. It would be nice to have a ramp but I do get a little weight lifting in putting our bikes on the rack so that's a plus I guess. I'm 65 and so far can handle it.

Thanks everyone for the helpful input. I ordered a 1UP super duty double with a fat tire kit. Probably won’t use it until spring but I’ll try to remember to post results. This will be used behind our Jeep and behind our 5th wheel camper.

Recently purchased a step through Aventure. Does anyone have a recommendation for a two up carrier. I see many of the carriers are weight limited for this bike and most do not accommodate a step through with fenders.
Thanks,
Shep
We just bought Yakima racks, good for up to 50 lbs, works Great! For the front fender, i wraped a hand towell between the tire and fender, then fender has cushion. Otherwise one is constantly re adjusting fender

Yakima racks works great, place a hand towell between tire and fender then fold balance of towell between fender and rack tire clamp. No more problem

Received the 1UP Super Duty this past Saturday, the Aventure fits perfect with no fender interference. It’s middle of winter here so haven’t gone down the road with it. What I know so far is the Aventure loads up easily and locks firmly in place. I rocked the bike severely to see if it would come loose but it stayed rock solid. The only bike to carrier contact is the tires. So far so good.

Received the 1UP Super Duty this past Saturday, the Aventure fits perfect with no fender interference. It’s middle of winter here so haven’t gone down the road with it. What I know so far is the Aventure loads up easily and locks firmly in place. I rocked the bike severely to see if it would come loose but it stayed rock solid. The only bike to carrier contact is the tires. So far so good.
Glad that you received your 1Up so quickly!! Used ours this last weekend in extremely windy conditions and zero issues...Love USA Made Products that are simple and well built :)

Aventurine batteries are removable.

We made it to Tuscon and the Saris door county did great! 1900 miles from Ohio. Feel very secure with the locking system on it. No worries of the bikes being stolen.

Back