Bicycling apps

snipechief

Local time
7:22 PM
What ride apps do ya'll use? Are there decent apps that don't have a fee? I'd like to map my rides, but have no idea which app would be best for me. Thanks for any info.

No clue brother. Almost everything around me in my town is for walkers/joggers/ and EMV's for elderly citizens.

Hardly no places to ride even mtbs without people becoming disgruntled :D

Lemme know if ya find a good one ;)

I use a Garmin Edge 830 GPS and the Garmin Connect app on my phone to map out rides and transfer them to the GPS, (The Connect app uses Google Maps). The Garmin is a very nice cycling computer that I can move from bike to bike and it works with the Varia rear facing radar/light. They are a bit expensive, but mine is going strong after more than three years, (long after the sting of the purchase has faded).

My wife and I like to explore the back roads which are mostly dirt, (gravel). Using Google Maps and the Connect App along with a cycling GPS saves a lot of headaches. After saving a route I can see the profile and it will tell me how much climbing we are in for. The Connect app saves the data from the rides and I can go back and save any ride as a new route for future rides.

My wife used to poke fun at me for having all this tech, but she has come to appreciate it and she has a Garmin now too. Her Garmin is the newer Explore 2 and I think that if I was to buy one now, I would go with that. There are other GPS cycling computers that are becoming very popular as well. They all seem to have their own advantages, but for now anyway, I will stick with the Garmin for as long as is lasts.

Hi HumanPerson, My new ebike, a Priority Current, is great. I wrote up a detailed new owner experience in this forum HERE. I purchased it on Oct. 12, but within 3 weeks the cold weather hit Spokane, WA where I live super hard, so I haven't ridden it since then. Removed the battery, brought it in the house, and have the bike stored in a locked shed outside. It's super cold here, in the low teens at night most every night, and has been for a long time. Can't wait for the weather to warm up and get on it again.

Hi HumanPerson, My new ebike, a Priority Current, is great. I wrote up a detailed new owner experience in this forum HERE. I purchased it on Oct. 12, but within 3 weeks the cold weather hit Spokane, WA where I live super hard, so I haven't ridden it since then. Removed the battery, brought it in the house, and have the bike stored in a locked shed outside. It's super cold here, in the low teens at night most every night, and has been for a long time. Can't wait for the weather to warm up and get on it again.
oh man i know it brother!
I much prefer the mid 60's

Happy Holidays @ronniebellie :cool:

I'm trying out the free version of Strava. So far so good, but they occasionally bug you to subscribe.
Here's a new trail I found along the Lake Erie shore. I feel like Magellan!

IMG_1651.jpg
IMG_1675.jpg

What ride apps do ya'll use? Are there decent apps that don't have a fee? I'd like to map my rides, but have no idea which app would be best for me. Thanks for any info.
I've been using free version of Cyclers. So far I can map out my trip by roads and keep them using my phone using GPS.
Also I use my Samsung phone which has a app on it for my health which has settings for riding on it.
Both have helped me keep track of trips taken and my health benefits.

Attachments

• ride_7979937326418104238_104089977716437.png
    ride_7979937326418104238_104089977716437.png
    429.4 KB · Views: 67
I'm revitalizing this thread because I can't find a decent app that records all my ebike data.

Ebike Connect, the original Bosch app, often for some reason "forgets" the parameters so I end up not finding them on the phone.

I find Komoot quite good, but it stops recording data for no reason. For example if I take a picture with my phone I have to restart the route recording. And joining path results unpractical. It also tends sometimes to give me route suggestions that turn out to be a bit... surreal. I found myself in pretty difficult situation as there is no easy way to select mtb-paths only.

Strava, Garmin connect etc. are all gps-only, and bike data are lost.

Also missing is an app that can predict, based on my past behavior, the range on my planned route. It would be a great innovation to have something similar to what is happening with electric cars. Also, manufacturers should be forced to release motor data (power, % due to driver, etc.).

Do you have any suggestions? Any apps I don't know of that do all this?

Please, if you are the kind of biker that don't care about electronics and all that crap, I fully understand you. But humans are different - fortunately - and I really like to run statistics and study what I do, also while entertaining myself...

Hi, I used mapmyrun (same app "group") for years while running, but I was looking for something specifically designed for ebike, capable to understand which tracks are designed for bikes and which not worldwide.

Ideally, it should also be capable to interface with the ebike dispaly. But I am afraid there are no alternative to ebike connect for Bosch motors.

My primary bike app is Fitmeter Bike, the fee basic version (IOS). Has what I need and been using it for years. I should get the paid version. Someday.

I use Wikiloc for hiking. It has a bike feature but I have not used it for biking yet.

I use Speedometer 55 GPS for driving but have used it on the bike cause it has a large MPH display. Another one I should get the paid version.

Back