• Hello new members! Please sign up using Facebook, Gmail, Twitter or an Email Address! We are the friendliest electric bike group on the internet. All ebikers are welcome here, any riding style and any age!

Best eBike to buy with a budget of around £350?

jonathon

Hi all,

Just started riding a electric bike, it was a non runner when I bought it (Tompson Euro Tourer). Turned out a controller and a new set of cells were needed to get it running right. mind you the brakes are really poor.

My question is with a budget of around £350 what would be the best Bike to buy (Second hand) i want one that has good range , this old one I have has 36v sla 12Amp/Hr cells that seem good for a fare run 20 miles easy and are really cheap to relace (cost me £67 the set inc postage etc)but it weighs over 40KG's and has lots of cheap plastic all over it that as see better days (bike is about 9 years old).

There are 3 bikes that i think may suit me they are in order the Powacycle Salisbury which as a lipo battery overall weight 22kgs powabyke X6 but i am worried about its range or the older powabyke with the battery mounted between the forks and the seat (not sure what it is called) but has a good range. anyone got either of these bikes and care to comment, i want to be ably to use it like a normal bike to if possible. All the best.