Best ebike conversion

Larryo

Local time
2:01 PM
Hi,
Looking for a better conversion. I currently have an electric Daymak tandem. It started out as an electric bike, but the system failed and rather than fix it, I had my bike mechanic install a conversion kit. He put in the ebikeling S830 which has worked OK. Has some quirks but overall a good system. The display failed and getting support is a real pain. They won't give out a phone number, but instead use email, which takes MUCH longer and still waiting for a few simple answers. I just hate poor customer service.
My system has a 48v battery, 15amp, which takes us over 50 miles. The motor is on the front wheel model CENC22FVE0091, which is plenty good for my slow speeds (but will get up to 28mph top end). The controller is a DC moto Controller.

I'm fairly new to ebike, so bear with me.

Are many of the parts interchangable? Like batteries with the same connections? I'd like to keep my battery but upgrade the display/controller if possible. Or if not available, get a whole new system. Reliability is most important as I venture into very remote places.

Thanks for the replies.

I don’t know the answers to your questions, although I think you could probably use your battery with a different motor.
as for the controller, you might want to talk with someone who’s in the business of building e-bikes.

I’ve had good experience with the electrify bike company. You can call them for a consultation. They build bikes and sell components. And they have a lot of good information on their site. Good luck.

For power connectors, don't worry about what sorts of plugs the factory uses, they are all trash. Go down to your local hardware and buy a pack of male/female spade disconnects. Put some Oxguard on the contacts, it makes inserting them and later disconnecting easier and also guards against corrosion and adds a bit of extra weather-proofing. Then if you want you can seal the reverse ends with liquid electrical tape. Doing this prevents shorts, since the wires each have their own plug. These plugs are rated for higher voltage, higher amps, they are cheap and easy to replace, and they protect your battery better since it's nearly impossible to short out.

Attachments

• IMG_20221126_202935032_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221126_202935032_HDR.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 89
For power connectors, don't worry about what sorts of plugs the factory uses, they are all trash. Go down to your local hardware and buy a pack of male/female spade disconnects. Put some Oxguard on the contacts, it makes inserting them and later disconnecting easier and also guards against corrosion and adds a bit of extra weather-proofing. Then if you want you can seal the reverse ends with liquid electrical tape. Doing this prevents shorts, since the wires each have their own plug. These plugs are rated for higher voltage, higher amps, they are cheap and easy to replace, and they protect your battery better since it's nearly impossible to short out.
You are right, once you grasp the fundementals there is little esoteric about most components. I favor the KT series with DD motors for many reasons, was going to do a TDZ middrive on my current build the Bottom bracket was so wacky I went with motor wheel instead.

Back