Brakes Benefits Of V-brake

Local time
1:33 AM
It seems that most newcomers who are new to sports bikes tend to think that disc brakes must be better than V-brakes, and that disc brakes are cool and professional. In fact, the advantage of disc brakes is that on muddy or watery roads, the brakes are not easily affected. If it is a sunny game, V-brakes still account for the majority. However, many riders do not go out when it rains, and this advantage no longer exists. The benefits of V-brakes need to be experienced in use.

1. First of all. The biggest advantage of the V-brake is its lightness.

2. In addition. V-brakes are cheap, which can save a lot of budget now, even if the disc brakes are upgraded in the future, the loss will be small.

3. The V-brake has a simple structure and does not require special maintenance. It takes only a few minutes to replace the brake pads.

Therefore, if you have a limited budget, choosing V-brake is a good choice.

When I did a lot of mountain biking in the Phoenix area, v-brakes drove me crazy.
If my wheels became just a little bit out of true, the v-brakes no longer worked well.
The trails were very rough with many drop-offs, so keeping my wheels in good true wasn't easy.
In those conditions, the disk brakes are worth it.

Now that I quit riding those rough trails, my wheels stay in true and my v-brakes work just fine.

When I did a lot of mountain biking in the Phoenix area, v-brakes drove me crazy.
If my wheels became just a little bit out of true, the v-brakes no longer worked well.
The trails were very rough with many drop-offs, so keeping my wheels in good true wasn't easy.
In those conditions, the disk brakes are worth it.

Now that I quit riding those rough trails, my wheels stay in true and my v-brakes work just fine.
Thank you very much for your reply. I totally agree with you. Indeed, on rough downhill disk brakes are a better choice. But on gentle roads, V-brakes are enough.

Back